The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Any threads with the words "Cadets" or "YEA" in the titles have tended to pin the meter over the years.

I'd agree. I wonder what the record is for number of posts generated per hour is and did this break it?  Also, there were lots of members reading this thread (plus guests and anons) in the early stages, more than even show threads. 

3 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Current Top 10 for World Class Discussion. As of this moment. This is based on thread Reply count. (not sure how far back the live "sort" feature pulls from in the database.)

WeJF3X0.png

Wow, if you believe the interest trend Cadets are on the upswing!

13 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Anyone know what the record is on number of pages in one thread?  This thing is enormous!

old Club DCP hit like 5000 in one of it's versions in the OT forums

• Like 2

Twitter thread from Philly.com reporter. Embedding a thread on here can be tricky. You should hopefully see a total of 7 parts in this post. Some of them connected.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Thanks 2

How about not using stupid "Show titles" that have no meaning in a linear sense and just playing a show that kicks everyone's ###?

• Like 1

yeah i totally get the show design changes rationale. I mean sure, it could be a powerful moment if done right but.....well....and I am not saying the team there couldn't do it right but.....If there was ever a year for the Cadets to NOT do a statement show, this would be the year. 

I'd sure as hell try to find a way to work that brass chorale of Holy Name in there though

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 9:11 PM, Jeff Ream said:

Victim? No. Should he have gone to the authorities as many of us told him in 2003? Yes. RAMD was not the proper place to get it addressed. 

Regardless, that should not discount his testimony. This is exactly one of the reasons why GH’s alleged rapes were not exposed. It’s a kill the messenger mob mentality rather than a collective outcry for an investigation. In a small way, all those who attacked Stu are responsible for fifteen more years of abuse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wallace said:

Regardless, that should not discount his testimony. This is exactly one of the reasons why GH’s alleged rapes were not exposed. It’s a kill the messenger mob mentality rather than a collective outcry for an investigation. In a small way, all those who attacked Stu are responsible for fifteen more years of abuse.

but he wasn't attacked on this. He was told what he should do.

Did he get crap on other issues? Sure, and deservedly so in some cases. But here, he falls into the Paterno trap of " i could/should have done more". And he didn't. And at that time, while pretty much all of RAMD hated Hopkins, no one else believed this possible or had any kind of proof to bring forward about this kind of repulsive behavior. In fact Rice himself later created a homophobic bashing video and tied Hopkins into it. he got bashed for that

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah i totally get the show design changes rationale. I mean sure, it could be a powerful moment if done right but.....well....and I am not saying the team there couldn't do it right but.....If there was ever a year for the Cadets to NOT do a statement show, this would be the year. 

I'd sure as hell try to find a way to work that brass chorale of Holy Name in there though

I'd like for them, and i know its extremely late, to scrap it all and do something quintessential "Garfield", including bringing back the Maroon and Gold unis. Nothing negative toward the new evolution of shows...but i think that will do something for the psyche of the alumni base

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

LOL!!!!  I haven't been arguing with him.  In fact, I find him a mostly hale and hearty fellow. :8_laughing:

Oh Crap!  I thought that was a Brasso post.  Man, what a perfect reply given the Brasso Versus Garfield wars we've been treated to ......but no, it was Fran.  Rats.  

• Haha 2