The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

My question is where is Hopkins now? have the police visited him ? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

While I agree it would be terrific to scrap the new costumes and replace with old, there is the cost/timing factor to deal with that might not make it feasible for this season.  [Or maybe not until a week or so before Finals ...]

As for the music, I wouldn't wish it upon Drew Shanefield to scrap "it all" and start over, especially at this late date.  It's already going to be a big rewrite job to remove and replace Sound of Silence (as well as drill & design which has already been in place for a least the opener).     But the bulk of the show (not including occasional call-backs to SoS) can remain, especially the closer which is already a reboot of older Cadets' music.

The big question ... do the four singers stay on if they remove SoS entirely?   

Why would they scrap the show? Retitle it and move on. Geez

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

New to posting am an old Cadet from North Jersey and lifelong Drum Corps Fan & Supporter son marched DCI in the 90's. No activity is more important to us than Drum Corps. Point is if the Cadets can survive George that it can Sean as well. A fresh start is a fresh start Sean does not need to be in the way at all. The activity could use more people of color in charge the Cadets could move in that direction and be better off for it, it's not that the Cadets owe anything to anyone lets move on without any clouds over anyone's head or be like Hollywood and just go after Bill and let all the white folks walk. How are we separating the Board from Sean, wasn't he closer to all this than the remote Board of Directors, strange allegiance's here when it should be all about the kids and not anyone else? How is Sean so qualified to run the corps when all this went on and at best he knew nothing a "Captain Klink" should not be running the Cadets they deserve better!

How does color have anything to do with The Cadets and this situation?  How about hiring people that are qualified and can save this organization and understand how to run a business regardless of their skin color. This post is outragous!   Sean is not the director of the corps.  He is a smart business man that has many relationships that can help especially in this situation.  I am hopeful that his good name will be cleared and will be a big part of their future moving forward. The organization is lucky to have him. He also didn't have a good relationship with GH either. 

Edited by ebo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I'd agree. I wonder what the record is for number of posts generated per hour is and did this break it?  Also, there were lots of members reading this thread (plus guests and anons) in the early stages, more than even show threads. 

No finals night threads destroy this 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

New to posting am an old Cadet from North Jersey and lifelong Drum Corps Fan & Supporter son marched DCI in the 90's. No activity is more important to us than Drum Corps. Point is if the Cadets can survive George that it can Sean as well. A fresh start is a fresh start Sean does not need to be in the way at all. The activity could use more people of color in charge the Cadets could move in that direction and be better off for it, it's not that the Cadets owe anything to anyone lets move on without any clouds over anyone's head or be like Hollywood and just go after Bill and let all the white folks walk. How are we separating the Board from Sean, wasn't he closer to all this than the remote Board of Directors, strange allegiance's here when it should be all about the kids and not anyone else? How is Sean so qualified to run the corps when all this went on and at best he knew nothing a "Captain Klink" should not be running the Cadets they deserve better!

4 minutes ago, ebo said:

Wow let's hire all people of color?  How does color have anything to do with The Cadets and this situation?  How about hiring people that are qualified and can save this organization and understand how to run a business regardless of their skin color. This post is outragous!   Sean is not the director of the corps.  He is a smart business man that has many relationships that can help especially in this situation.  I am hopeful that his good name will be cleared and will be a big part of their future moving forward. The organization is lucky to have him. 

more does not equal all

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, c mor said:

more does not equal all

2 minutes ago, c mor said:

more does not equal all

Thanks Corrected!  Still what does color have to do with what is going on?

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Current Top 10 for World Class Discussion. As of this moment. This is based on thread Reply count. (not sure how far back the live "sort" feature pulls from in the database.)

WeJF3X0.png

I should also note that there was a time when users could customize the number of replies-per-page. At that time, the page count would have varied from user to user. If it seems like these numbers aren't like you remembered, this could be a factor.

That’s not all time. Just an FYI 

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

That’s not all time. Just an FYI 

If you read my text, you would see that I conceded it may not be comprehensive.

That being said,  A quick spot check shows recent finals night threads do not surpass what you see in this screenshot.

Thank you.