The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

53 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

About a week ago, someone in this thread pointed out that a partial bio of Jeff Fiedler was on the YEA website. There was a link to the bio. I saw it. It really was on YEA's site. I didn't think anything of it, though. I just figured either Fiedler had judged for US Bands at some point, or that it was something left over from the G7 affair. Interesting to learn that it was a hack.

Edit: see Dean's post immediately above mine.

I noticed it very early on, maybe even a day or two after the story broke. His name popped up in conversation here (which was later removed) and when I Googled it, boom, there it was. Really confused me...

12 minutes ago, ebo said:

Yeah and to think I am a conservative!  

Your criterion is not valid to be considered

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Zero.  Do you have any additional questions?

Not true. In RAMD or outside of RAMD either. People already gave examples above. On reddit /r/drumcorps there were people stumping to undo "all of GH's horrible rules that ruined drum corps" the very day that this news came out. Great priorities.

Even the esteemed Stuart Rice is starting to show his true colors on social media. He lobbied to talk to philly.com, not about the victims, but GH's rule manipulation. He is using this event to promote his views and 20 years old essays.

JMHxt32.png

George Hopkins is a bad man.

But just because one is anti-George, especially in current light, doesn't necessarily make them a good man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ebo said:

Yes, it was already said it was Fiedler

Covered last week

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Not true. In RAMD or outside of RAMD either. People already gave examples above. On reddit /r/drumcorps there were people stumping to undo "all of GH's horrible rules that ruined drum corps" the very day that this news came out. Great priorities.

Even the esteemed Stuart Rice is starting to show his true colors on social media. He lobbied to talk to philly.com, not about the victims, but GH's rule manipulation. He is using this event to promote his views and 20 years old essays.

JMHxt32.png

But just because one is anti-George, especially in current light, doesn't necessarily make them a good man.

Ugg:34_rolling_eyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Covered last week

The new part is the WFMZ reporter is now talking about it.

5 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

JMHxt32.png

Figured he’d act up

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

JMHxt32.png

Off the rails...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Figured he’d act up

EVERYONE has got him wrong

• Haha 1