The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

38 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

They could flip it and make the show about giving voices to the victims... That way they could just keep Sound of Silence in, but change the narrative of the show. Maybe start with Sound of Silence, and then do "I will Survive" and some other songs to signify the strength to come forward and be stronger.

Could be cathartic if done well...

Symbolic of the break with Hop the Cadets will now be performing the soundtrack from "The Death of Stalin" for their 2018 production...

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just for the record, I didn’t make anything up and anyone who knows me, which a few of you do, knows I’m not a bully.  I pointed out that he was posting incorrect information in a manipulative way.  He hasn’t taken it well and he took to stalking and harassing me all over this thread. 

Don't worry, anyone who isn't out of their rocker could see that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

Agreed

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

As long as the audio doesn’t work (per typical Flo) we’d be ok 

needs Sharon too

1 hour ago, Brass Lover said:

I am off a little, but I see it LOL

8 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Even the esteemed Stuart Rice is starting to show his true colors on social media. He lobbied to talk to philly.com, not about the victims, but GH's rule manipulation. He is using this event to promote his views and 20 years old essays.

JMHxt32.png

Ummmm, aaaahhh...:blink:

I'm gonna shoot my hand up in the room now wildly and ask what in Sam Scratch "Upright Marching" and "Planar-Analysis based improvisational drill" is, please.

Research published in DCW... not as any published thesis/scholarly work??

More questions... umm... has this guy used these wordy things with any HS competition bands recently (I'll be generous, say the last 5 seasons) and had success/placed/scored well in any scholastic circuit with these wordy concepts??? Does he provide any video of this concept so an uninitiated nitwit Bari player such as myself can figger (sic) this out? Hep me, Mister Wizerd! (1$ to Tooter Turtle) Would any top end DCI World Class Corps want to be the guinea pig for untested concepts? Just Askin'.

Beyond that, all the other stuff that is GH that's left me puzzled/laughing/flat out honked off/rolling my eyes over the last decade and a half or so pales to insignificance to the criminal way he abused corps members and employees. SER doesn't seem to think that. He seems to think getting rid of G honkers, er... bugles is as important. Nope.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

My response to the above was removed? Could a mod tell me what rule I broke as only referred to the planar..... postings and did not insult any person. And wizzle wozzle is a Tooter Turtle reference

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Ummmm, aaaahhh...:blink:

I'm gonna shoot my hand up in the room now wildly and ask what in Sam Scratch "Upright Marching" and "Planar-Analysis based improvisational drill" is, please.

Research published in DCW... not as any published thesis/scholarly work??

More questions... umm... has this guy used these wordy things with any HS competition bands recently (I'll be generous, say the last 5 seasons) and had success/placed/scored well in any scholastic circuit with these wordy concepts??? Does he provide any video of this concept so an uninitiated nitwit Bari player such as myself can figger (sic) this out? Hep me, Mister Wizerd! (1$ to Tooter Turtle) Would any top end DCI World Class Corps want to be the guinea pig for untested concepts? Just Askin'.

Beyond that, all the other stuff that is GH that's left me puzzled/laughing/flat out honked off/rolling my eyes over the last decade and a half or so pales to insignificance to the criminal way he abused corps members and employees. SER doesn't seem to think that. He seems to think getting rid of G honkers, er... bugles is as important. Nope.

This guy actually wrote an article 10 years ago about it...I'm not sure it even dignifies a link...LOL

http://www.halftimemag.com/web-exclusives/ten-exercises-for-improvisational-marching.html