The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Ummmm, aaaahhh...:blink:

I'm gonna shoot my hand up in the room now wildly and ask what in Sam Scratch "Upright Marching" and "Planar-Analysis based improvisational drill" is, please.

Research published in DCW... not as any published thesis/scholarly work??

More questions... umm... has this guy used these wordy things with any HS competition bands recently (I'll be generous, say the last 5 seasons) and had success/placed/scored well in any scholastic circuit with these wordy concepts??? Does he provide any video of this concept so an uninitiated nitwit Bari player such as myself can figger (sic) this out? Hep me, Mister Wizerd! (1$ to Tooter Turtle) Would any top end DCI World Class Corps want to be the guinea pig for untested concepts? Just Askin'.

Beyond that, all the other stuff that is GH that's left me puzzled/laughing/flat out honked off/rolling my eyes over the last decade and a half or so pales to insignificance to the criminal way he abused corps members and employees. SER doesn't seem to think that. He seems to think getting rid of G honkers, er... bugles is as important. Nope.

I'm reading this and it finally dawns on me that I have no idea who this guy, Mr. Rice, is and what his connection to the activity besides the circumstances of his accusations.  Now I see that he has, what, something to sell, to gain, from his "stopped clock being right twice a day"- syndrome.  Hmm...  It's clear I don't know enough, but credibility is an issue when one has something to gain from the recognition of his accusations, rightly claimed or not.

Thanks, BigW.  I'd hadn't put 2+2 together until your post.  I thought all he had to gain was recognition for doing the right thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Ummmm, aaaahhh...:blink:

I'm gonna shoot my hand up in the room now wildly and ask what in Sam Scratch "Upright Marching" and "Planar-Analysis based improvisational drill" is, please.

Here is the supposed answer...LOL

http://rec.arts.marching.drumcorps.narkive.com/TNm9OTw6/planar-analysis-for-dummies

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Sounds like the storefront preacher version of a "marching expert."  :tongue:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Liahona said:

It’s a scheme he came up with to “prove” that the 90s Cavaliers were visually superior to the Cadets. That was the not-so-subtle agenda 

contrast that with the reality of anyone who has ever marched, taught or cleaned floating flex drill. Aka see Star 91 thread 

his repetitive defense of his theory/analysis made our Ebo look like a one and done 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Watch it Fran I got deleted for less... maybe a Professor Irwin Corey reference to the material did it

"World's foremost authority."

Oops... maybe I shouldn't say that.  LOL.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It’s a scheme he came up with to “prove” that the 90s Cavaliers were visually superior to the Cadets. That was the not-so-subtle agenda 

contrast that with the reality of anyone who has ever marched, taught or cleaned floating flex drill. Aka see Star 91 thread 

his repetitive defense of his theory/analysis made our Ebo look like a one and done 

Thanks for explaining that...I had no idea...

Edited by Liahona

we've really gone way off course on this important and difficult discussion - we've appreciated your combined efforts to keep it civil, frank and on track but not really sure where RAMD and PA have current relevance other than a very few specific points made long ago.  We may be getting to that time to close this one and start a fresh focused thread....for now, let's see what happens here.

thanks again.

Well I’ll do my part by dropping out of dcp for a while. Two deleted posts with no explaination. I know you guys are volunteers John but this is more than a bit ridiculous 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well I’ll do my part by dropping out of dcp for a while. Two deleted posts with no explaination. I know you guys are volunteers John but this is more than a bit ridiculous 

Did you report your own post?  To get attention of mods...to get an answer...

30 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sounds like stuff strayed and to keep things on track stuff got cleaned out.... some may be collateral damage. Don’t be offended