The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

What a dumb article.  Because it fails to mention who "Evan Rice" is.  The article gives no background whatsoever into who that is, or what his relationship was to GH or the Cadets.  

he was no drum corps journalist

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

The latest story from WFMZ featuring your favorite RAMD personality:

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/investigation-underway-into-yea-amid-sexual-allegations/730481972

Includes statements from DCI.

Is he now going by Evan Rice instead of Stuart Rice? 

"Drum corps journalist" Stuart Evan Rice

:lle:

For the record, I do believe his claim should be taken seriously and investigated by the proper authorities (not sure there's anything DCI can really do about this if the police themselves have said nothing could be done about it at the time). I just still find it hard to take him seriously if that's how he's classifying himself now. Not that I find it all that surprising. If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who created a "virtual symposium" to showcase his theories on drill and movement in DCI and then gave himself invented awards for his own work. (and my memory could be fuzzy about this, but weren't the other "speakers" at his virtual symposium nothing more than pseudonyms that he created??)

Edited by seen-it-all

4 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

For the record, I do believe his claim should be taken seriously and investigated by the proper authorities (not sure there's anything DCI can really do about this if the police themselves have said nothing could be done about it at the time). I just still find it hard to take him seriously if that's how he's classifying himself now. Not that I find it all that surprising. If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who created a "virtual symposium" to showcase his theories on drill and movement in DCI and then gave himself invented awards for his own work. (and my memory could be fuzzy about this, but weren't the other "speakers" at his virtual symposium nothing more than pseudonyms that he created??)

Actually, it sounds like his claim IS being taken seriously, and the DCI Board of Directors is investigating it.  As they should.  But for the purposes of the article, there certainly isn't much detail about who "Evan Rice" is.  

8 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

I'd love to hear what Steve Vickers has to say about his claim of being a drum corps journalist ( says the guy who has written for DCW)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

... but weren't the other "speakers" at his virtual symposium nothing more than pseudonyms that he created??)

Far from it. At least, not in the 90's. I think you all know Don Warren, Bill Cook, and others. I can vouch for some more obscure names on the list as well.

But looking at the 2000's names after I had left ... and ... wow ... your guess is good as mine. Looks like it didn't really exist outside of his mind at that point.

EDIT: Sorry mods. don't mean to divert the thread. I'll stop.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Actually, it sounds like his claim IS being taken seriously, and the DCI Board of Directors is investigating it.  As they should.  But for the purposes of the article, there certainly isn't much detail about who "Evan Rice" is.  

i will agree 10000000% the claim should be addressed. But man is the claimant misrepresenting himself

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'd love to hear what Steve Vickers has to say about his claim of being a drum corps journalist ( says the guy who has written for DCW)

According to his biography, his Other Works include:  "Editorial writer Drum Corps World Magazine, 1996-1998"

And under Membership:  "Co-founder, chairman steering committee RAMD Virtual Symposium, 1995, 98. Presentations to date: University of Rochester Visual and Cultural Studies Conference, 1995, RAMD (internet newsgrp. recording arts, marching, drumcorps.) Virtual Symposium, 1995, 96, 97, 98, ..."

On 4/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, cixelsyd said:

Wow.

Did you forget that Raiders TWICE did the same thing, threatening to cancel portions of their remaining 2012 and 2013 tours in late July of each of those years if their pleas for donations did not raise enough to cover the shortfall?  I see you posting about it here back in 2012...

NO. I did state Raiders had financial issues. Raiders did go on tour those years and safety returned.  Issue is DCI did not care to evaluate them at that time. Only when they changed board and administration.