The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, seen-it-all said:

"Drum corps journalist" Stuart Evan Rice

Thank you. I needed a good laugh today!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

According to the Nation Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
https://www.nsvrc.org/saam

How Ironic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BigW said:

Ummmm, aaaahhh...:blink:

I'm gonna shoot my hand up in the room now wildly and ask what in Sam Scratch "Upright Marching" and "Planar-Analysis based improvisational drill" is, please.

Research published in DCW... not as any published thesis/scholarly work??

More questions... umm... has this guy used these wordy things with any HS competition bands recently (I'll be generous, say the last 5 seasons) and had success/placed/scored well in any scholastic circuit with these wordy concepts??? Does he provide any video of this concept so an uninitiated nitwit Bari player such as myself can figger (sic) this out? Hep me, Mister Wizerd! (1$ to Tooter Turtle) Would any top end DCI World Class Corps want to be the guinea pig for untested concepts? Just Askin'.

Beyond that, all the other stuff that is GH that's left me puzzled/laughing/flat out honked off/rolling my eyes over the last decade and a half or so pales to insignificance to the criminal way he abused corps members and employees. SER doesn't seem to think that. He seems to think getting rid of G honkers, er... bugles is as important. Nope.

Bingo!!!  "Planar Analysis" was the last chip I needed on my DCP bingo card!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Bingo!!!  "Planar Analysis" was the last chip I needed on my DCP bingo card!

Winner, winner!... chicken dinner !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Liahona said:

Thank you very much! I read the article. For starters:

Jeff, did you say this? I quote directly from the end of the link.

Jeff Ream: "an absolute pleasure to have met you Stuart. You're right
about how meetings of online adversaries tend to go.....but i can now
gladly say i met you and you were really cool. Hopefully next time
we'll have more of a chance to talk."

The rest appears to be a bunch of word salad snake oil pretending to trying to figure out and assess difficulty to modern marching visual vocabulary and also try and encourage adjudicators to reward more presented variety (DUUUHHH!!!), but he explains none of it in any coherent detail. Is this cat some kind of kook? :blink:

Edited by BigW
Saying thank you which I should have
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm reading this and it finally dawns on me that I have no idea who this guy, Mr. Rice, is and what his connection to the activity besides the circumstances of his accusations.  Now I see that he has, what, something to sell, to gain, from his "stopped clock being right twice a day"- syndrome.  Hmm...  It's clear I don't know enough, but credibility is an issue when one has something to gain from the recognition of his accusations, rightly claimed or not.

Thanks, BigW.  I'd hadn't put 2+2 together until your post.  I thought all he had to gain was recognition for doing the right thing. 

Thank you!

When I see verbiage I'm not familiar with in this activity.... it shoots up a red flag. It's usually percussion-related and Jeff explains it for which I am thankful.

Not a mod and don't pretend to be one on TV, but just a reminder that on p. 365 JohnZ warned us that he thought discussion of RAMD and Rice's "planar analysis" had gone too far and led him to delete a number of posts here as off-topic. The WFMZ story doesn't add anything new except for the description of Rice as a "drum corps journalist" which I think would have very little support on DCP, point made, and yes, his credibility is something the real investigators will have to assess. I'd suggest we move on from him and await further developments so this thread doesn't get shut down.

1 minute ago, Peel Paint said:

Not a mod and don't pretend to be one on TV, but just a reminder that on p. 365 JohnZ warned us that he thought discussion of RAMD and Rice's "planar analysis" had gone too far and led him to delete a number of posts here as off-topic. The WFMZ story doesn't add anything new except for the description of Rice as a "drum corps journalist" which I think would have very little support on DCP, point made, and yes, his credibility is something the real investigators will have to assess. I'd suggest we move on from him and await further developments so this thread doesn't get shut down.

Fair enough. The guy has real credibility issues.