The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, BigW said:

Fair enough. The guy has real credibility issues.

Yes he does, and our takeaway from the WFMZ story is that his credibility issues may be growing, but I think we're being advised:  we've established that already.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

with all thats happened why she would remain his girl friend doesn't say much for her.

I'd be the last to be critical and hard about it. I was with someone that was so negative on my life for too long to the point 30-40 people from Westshore lined up, shook my hands and hugged me when I finally broke up with her. It can happen, it's human nature.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

Yes he does, and our takeaway from the WFMZ story is that his credibility issues may be growing, but I think we're being advised:  we've established that already.

Box-5 recovery!

• Haha 3

I find it interesting now the Evan Rice, after making his comments about Dan Acheson, is now pushing is planear analysis stuff on Twitter. He said something to the effect of hoping that Doug Rutherford should reach out to him to have a clinic on his planar analysis stuff and how that will help the Cadets. Poor timing on his part for that, IMO. Not to mention the other times on his twitter account where he spouts off about how drum corps has changed so much and the art form has been destroyed. Seems like he's got an agenda with this whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that GH is gone and that the Cadets are moving forward, but it seems like Mr. Rice is trying to take the whole situation and use it for his own gain, which I find very disheartening.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

Not a mod and don't pretend to be one on TV, but just a reminder that on p. 365 JohnZ warned us that he thought discussion of RAMD and Rice's "planar analysis" had gone too far and led him to delete a number of posts here as off-topic. The WFMZ story doesn't add anything new except for the description of Rice as a "drum corps journalist" which I think would have very little support on DCP, point made, and yes, his credibility is something the real investigators will have to assess. I'd suggest we move on from him and await further developments so this thread doesn't get shut down.

Planar Analysis.  To paraphrase a wise ol wizard, "that is a phrase I haven't heard in a long time.  A long time."

Wow

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

he was no drum corps journalist

Here's the comment I left on Channel 69's website:

As a real journalist who retired a couple of years ago after 37 years at a major daily newspaper, I highly resent Evan Rice being referred to in the article as a "drum corps journalist." And the reason the story didn't mention how his credentials are relevant is because he has no credentials. Period. Exclamation point.

• Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

He said something to the effect of hoping that Doug Rutherford should reach out to him to have a clinic on his planar analysis stuff and how that will help the Cadets.

Not a chance. Not one.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not a chance. Not one.

That was my point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

That was my point.

Understood... Thought it was worth highlighting!

2 hours ago, BigW said:

All I could think of was plantar fasciitis at first. :blink:

The big difference between the two is that Plantar fasciitis is way less painful than Planar Analysis.

• Haha 9