The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

You're letting your litter box fight spill over to the public eye.  I fear this makes our little insular community look petty and out of touch in the face of the Hopkins disaster. I get it. You don't like Stu. Let it go. Stu is not the problem. Planar analysis is not the problem. Whether Mr. Rutherford contacts Stu is not the problem. Let's keep our eye on the ball here. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Excuse my ignorance for this question and I'm hoping someone can help with the answer.

Why did Jeff Fiedlers name pop up in a story relating to George Hopkins and what he has

to do with this controversy

Confused for a change

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigW said:

Thank you very much! I read the article. For starters:

Jeff, did you say this? I quote directly from the end of the link.

Jeff Ream: "an absolute pleasure to have met you Stuart. You're right
about how meetings of online adversaries tend to go.....but i can now
gladly say i met you and you were really cool. Hopefully next time
we'll have more of a chance to talk."

The rest appears to be a bunch of word salad snake oil pretending to trying to figure out and assess difficulty to modern marching visual vocabulary and also try and encourage adjudicators to reward more presented variety (DUUUHHH!!!), but he explains none of it in any coherent detail. Is this cat some kind of kook? :blink:

I was pleased at that time. Then the true Stuart cane out and he called the school I taught at to try and get me fired

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigW said:

Thank you very much! I read the article. For starters:

Jeff, did you say this? I quote directly from the end of the link.

Jeff Ream: "an absolute pleasure to have met you Stuart. You're right
about how meetings of online adversaries tend to go.....but i can now
gladly say i met you and you were really cool. Hopefully next time
we'll have more of a chance to talk."

The rest appears to be a bunch of word salad snake oil pretending to trying to figure out and assess difficulty to modern marching visual vocabulary and also try and encourage adjudicators to reward more presented variety (DUUUHHH!!!), but he explains none of it in any coherent detail. Is this cat some kind of kook? :blink:

Oh and the quote was from at least a year before he published this 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peel Paint said:

Not a mod and don't pretend to be one on TV, but just a reminder that on p. 365 JohnZ warned us that he thought discussion of RAMD and Rice's "planar analysis" had gone too far and led him to delete a number of posts here as off-topic. The WFMZ story doesn't add anything new except for the description of Rice as a "drum corps journalist" which I think would have very little support on DCP, point made, and yes, his credibility is something the real investigators will have to assess. I'd suggest we move on from him and await further developments so this thread doesn't get shut down.

And I’ll disagree to a point. The guy is trying to out past sins which is good, but then trying to attach his agenda to it, which isn’t related. Hence my issue. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

I find it interesting now the Evan Rice, after making his comments about Dan Acheson, is now pushing is planear analysis stuff on Twitter. He said something to the effect of hoping that Doug Rutherford should reach out to him to have a clinic on his planar analysis stuff and how that will help the Cadets. Poor timing on his part for that, IMO. Not to mention the other times on his twitter account where he spouts off about how drum corps has changed so much and the art form has been destroyed. Seems like he's got an agenda with this whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that GH is gone and that the Cadets are moving forward, but it seems like Mr. Rice is trying to take the whole situation and use it for his own gain, which I find very disheartening.

Yup

21 minutes ago, Old Cavalier said:

Excuse my ignorance for this question and I'm hoping someone can help with the answer.

Why did Jeff Fiedlers name pop up in a story relating to George Hopkins and what he has

Confused for a change

Apparently someone hacked YEAs site. Couldn’t imagine why :whistle:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Old Cavalier said:

Confused for a change

The answer to your question comes in two parts, and one of them has been generally ruled off-topic for this thread by mods. The part that's on-topic, specifically connected to Hopkins, is that Fiedler was floated as a possible successor. It's not clear to me that Fiedler had any interest in that. There was a report yesterday in this thread that somebody hacked the YEA website to say he was working for them now... he is not.

Edited by Peel Paint
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Apparently someone hacked YEAs site. Couldn’t imagine why :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Peel Paint said:

The answer to your question comes in two parts, and one of them has been generally ruled off-topic for this thread by mods. The part that's on-topic, specifically connected to Hopkins, is that Fiedler was floated as a possible successor. It's not clear to me that Fiedler had any interest in that. There was a report yesterday in this thread that somebody hacked the YEA website to say he was working for them now... he is not.

Thanks very much for the answers..I feel better now:guinesssmilie: