The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

27 minutes ago, Liahona said:

done..any other links?

That is a really comprehensive list. THANK YOU for pulling it all together. Page 272!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Maybe mingus could also include a link to this thread, which has been gathering links to responses by corps to the news and links to corps' harassment policies:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/168300-corps-responses-to-inquirer-article/

actually going to post individual response links.

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

That is a really comprehensive list. THANK YOU for pulling it all together. Page 272! 372

small correction :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Maybe mingus could also include a link to this thread, which has been gathering links to responses by corps to the news and links to corps' harassment policies:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/168300-corps-responses-to-inquirer-article/

Nevermind. After the first few pages, I see how your posts are much more concise. Well done! Linking to the thread as suggested.

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I’m glad the Crossmen Organization has made the important decision 

Thinking Bill Cosby parallels as think someone else just rescinded something honorary this week but forget who or what. Great verbiage fro Crossmen dealing the  issues of taking something away before a guilty verdict.

I

49 minutes ago, Liahona said:

done..any other links?

I am adding some twitter links. Mostly ones that have details that are not in articles. And a couple that were important breaking news before articles. But I am going to leave out tweets that eventually became full articles. Duplication.

OK. I will try an stop the procedural stuff in the thread to keep the topic moving. If you have links or ideas for OP updates, please PM me.

Thanks once again to @Liahona for doing most of the grunt work while I tended to dinner for 9, went to the post office and Dollar General.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

More fall out:

"Dear Alumni and Friends,

The events of the past several weeks have been gut wrenching for the entire marching arts activity. The Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps and the Crossmen Alumni Association want to express our unwavering support for the brave women who have come forward and shared their stories. 

The Crossmen family has been both shocked and saddened by the allegations that have come to light and we stand with all victims of sexual assault and violence against women. 

We value the due process built into the US legal system. However, membership in the Crossmen Hall of Fame is a privilege and not a right. 

After careful consideration, and with the overwhelming support of the Crossmen HOF Membership, the Crossmen Alumni Association has revoked George Hopkins’ membership in the Crossmen Hall of Fame effective immediately. 

-Crossmen Hall Of Fame Committee"

I applaud my fellow alumni for doing this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1