The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

12 minutes ago, Daave said:

"My brain hurts"  ($1 to D.P Gumby) and ($1 to me for the obscure Monty Python reference)

Great now will have that in my head all day....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Liahona said:

I'm not surprised...DCI hall of fame is next...

Not saying I don't think that his removal would be a correct move, but it'd open a rather large, wriggly can of worms. Just sayin'...

Edited by Slingerland

6 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Not saying I don't think that his removal would be a correct move, but it'd open a rather large, wriggly can of worms. Just sayin'...

You know how that list can get gutted? Even pre DCI  people responsible for the beginnings of DCI. But of course what might have been acceptable then wouldn't be now. ( rape excluded of course )

I laugh sometimes at how our parents may have raised us and how they would also be in jail today..lol Gezz I even remember teachers back in the day and what they got away with, wouldn't happen today for sure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Attempting to objectively measure preferences is an important area of study and has wide need in diverse applications. One application is in the niche industry of designing competitive marching band shows (though the stakes are financially low with respect to uncovering such an objective measure). So I have no issue with the idea of (someone other than me) trying to answer the question "how can we objectively analyze and measure one style of show design relative to another?" In fact, it sounds interesting. 

That said... the above link makes me a little sad. The wide use of the internet was pretty new back then, so trying to organize a "virtual symposium" on a message isn't too surprising, I guess. But writing up a speaker introduction like that speaks volumes about this guy's personality on the forum and likely in a conversation with Dan Acheson. That link, to me, is a good shorthand for answering "why might this guy's conversation about George Hopkins not have been taken seriously?"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

Attempting to objectively measure preferences is an important area of study and has wide need in diverse applications. One application is in the niche industry of designing competitive marching band shows (though the stakes are financially low with respect to uncovering such an objective measure). So I have no issue with the idea of (someone other than me) trying to answer the question "how can we objectively analyze and measure one style of show design relative to another?" In fact, it sounds interesting. 

That said... the above link makes me a little sad. The wide use of the internet was pretty new back then, so trying to organize a "virtual symposium" on a message isn't too surprising, I guess. But writing up a speaker introduction like that speaks volumes about this guy's personality on the forum and likely in a conversation with Dan Acheson. That link, to me, is a good shorthand for answering "why might this guy's conversation about George Hopkins not have been taken seriously?"

There's always been an element of "I'm such a genius, why won't anyone take my work seriously?!" to him. Or more like, "You're obviously an idiot for not taking the work of a genius like me seriously!!"

Regardless, reading that introduction was like watching those TV shows, "Remember the 90's?!" Yeah, crazy times. :hehe:

• Like 2

Reading Rice's (auto)biography on RAMD, where he says he's a noted expert in the field of drum corps, brings to mind a recent film -

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Reading Rice's (auto)biography on RAMD, where he says he's a noted expert in the field of drum corps, brings to mind a recent film -

So perfect!

2 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Not sure I've ever seen anyone use the word "euphoniumist" before. Guess I better change my screen name to "oldsopranoist."

I'm a "Euphonium player/guy whose Major Instrument is the Euphonium". The guy who used to play for the Jack Daniel's Silver Cornet Brass Band was listed as a "Euphonium Artist" in the back of the record cover, which was very much in the style of 19th century hype. Never heard that term used until now, ever, even by the guys in the Military Bands, Brian Bowman, Dave Werden, the big names in the UK, et al. Kinda reminds of of that show the "Alienist"...

• Like 1

This tread needs to be closed down  .to much bull being throw around .All the News unfit to print can be found here.LOL

Edited by Florida Sun