The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Wonder how much IT stuff YEA does and how much is contracted out. Considering the hacks kinda doubt too much is contracted out to knowledgeable people. And if done in house how much importance YEA puts on it besides the recruiting tool

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wonder how much IT stuff YEA does and how much is contracted out. Considering the hacks kinda doubt too much is contracted out to knowledgeable people. And if done in house how much importance YEA puts on it besides the recruiting tool

Considering how much the old CEO and Director controlled absolutely everything I would expect every element of their operations to be in serious flux.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mingusmonk said:

Considering how much the old CEO and Director controlled absolutely everything I would expect every element of their operations to be in serious flux.

That thought hit me as I was hitting the submit button. As Mr Rogers would say “can you say micro manage boys and girls....”

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

They do but someone in the office could do that in a day

Have you been there since this all started? They will get to it. Staff have bigger issues to deal with right now.

11 hours ago, mfrontz said:

YEA also needs to delete a lot of stuff from its YouTube channel...

I have been thinking about this, because there are some videos there that I watch from time to time.  I'll honestly be sad if some of them are deleted.  Should they delete ALL videos with GH, even if the video is about The Cadets in general?  Personally, I have a difficult time with removing ALL references to GH.  That almost seems like sweeping the issue under the carpet, and I don't agree with that.  

There is one video in particular that I'm fond of.  It's from 2011 Championships.  It shows the kids before their performance, after their performance, and during retreat.  Really really emotional.  Yes, it spends a decent amount of time showing GH talking to them.  But I would argue that the video is not about GH, it is about THE CADETS.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I have been thinking about this, because there are some videos there that I watch from time to time.  I'll honestly be sad if some of them are deleted.  Should they delete ALL videos with GH, even if the video is about The Cadets in general?  Personally, I have a difficult time with removing ALL references to GH.  That almost seems like sweeping the issue under the carpet, and I don't agree with that.  

There is one video in particular that I'm fond of.  It's from 2011 Championships.  It shows the kids before their performance, after their performance, and during retreat.  Really really emotional.  Yes, it spends a decent amount of time showing GH talking to them.  But I would argue that the video is not about GH, it is about THE CADETS.

All of this.

• Like 1

I agree that any videos with the former director need to be removed and he needs to be edited out, at least for the time being. It will be next to impossible to eradicate all GH traces from Cadets, but at least for now, Cadets needs to be as GH free as possible when it comes to Public relations, and YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc., are major public relations tools. There may come a time when GH can be put in perspective, emphasis on may rather than will, but that time is not now. 

I also think we need to be clear when using the words “staff” as to who we mean, especially regarding the videos. If you mean instructional staff has more pressing matters than removing videos, you are correct. Their job is getting the corps on the field. If you mean the board, you are correct. They need to be steering the ship. However, there are folks employed by YEA for the day to day. They could be about the task of editing videos on YouTube. In a crisis situation, “all hands on deck” does not mean everyone gives up their job to focus on the crisis. If you want a competing corps this summer, there have to be people still doing the day to day and editing YouTube videos would be one of those tasks. If you don’t have the people still focusing on the day to day, the crisis wins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mfrontz said:

YEA also needs to delete a lot of stuff from its YouTube channel...

Easy fix that would take five minutes. Delete the old account. Start a new account. Email the new account info to everyone.

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree that any videos with the former director need to be removed and he needs to be edited out, at least for the time being. It will be next to impossible to eradicate all GH traces from Cadets, but at least for now, Cadets needs to be as GH free as possible when it comes to Public relations, and YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc., are major public relations tools. There may come a time when GH can be put in perspective, emphasis on may rather than will, but that time is not now. 

I also think we need to be clear when using the words “staff” as to who we mean, especially regarding the videos. If you mean instructional staff has more pressing matters than removing videos, you are correct. Their job is getting the corps on the field. If you mean the board, you are correct. They need to be steering the ship. However, there are folks employed by YEA for the day to day. They could be about the task of editing videos on YouTube. In a crisis situation, “all hands on deck” does not mean everyone gives up their job to focus on the crisis. If you want a competing corps this summer, there have to be people still doing the day to day and editing YouTube videos would be one of those tasks. If you don’t have the people still focusing on the day to day, the crisis wins. 

Yes, but the back office staff isn't huge.  And they are probably trying to keep tour going, keep USBANDS moving forward, and whatever other day to day objectives they have.  Additionally, I'm sure that some are involved in the "righting the ship" that needs to happen.  And while those people are doing that, someone would need to cover the "day jobs" of those people.  So, while yes, there is staff, and the show much go on, I think right now, they have better things to do with their time than cleanup YouTube.  It's probably on the long list of to-dos somewhere.  

15 minutes ago, wallace said:

Easy fix that would take five minutes. Delete the old account. Start a new account. Email the new account info to everyone.

And loose all the content without a curated review? Probably not the best approach. Efficient... yes. Effective... maybe not.