The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Jacci Ferris  from 69 news now has twitter posts up stating that Hop has a vehicle owned by YEA and they want it back. the BOD of YEA also clarified his termination meant no financial severance or any other benefits. They do not accept resignation, he is fired with cause. they also mention he has equipment, not sure if there's more than the car. They have requested it multiple times and the next step is to take action to recover it with complaint on theft or direct recovery. sorry i cant link twitter stuff up at work

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Jacci Ferris  from 69 news now has twitter posts up stating that Hop has a vehicle owned by YEA and they want it back. the BOD of YEA also clarified his termination meant no financial severance or any other benefits. They do not accept resignation, he is fired without cause. they also mention he has equipment, not sure if there's more than the car. They have requested it multiple times and the next step is to take action to recover it with complaint on theft or direct recovery. sorry i cant link twitter stuff up at work

They are also reporting the new hotline set up for victims:

CADETS AND YEA MEMBERS:If you have a complaint of harassment or sexual misconduct YEA wants you to call this hotline 312–786-6540

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Jacci Ferris  from 69 news now has twitter posts up stating that Hop has a vehicle owned by YEA and they want it back. the BOD of YEA also clarified his termination meant no financial severance or any other benefits. They do not accept resignation, he is fired without cause. they also mention he has equipment, not sure if there's more than the car. They have requested it multiple times and the next step is to take action to recover it with complaint on theft or direct recovery. sorry i cant link twitter stuff up at work

Just now, MusicManNJ said:

They are also reporting the new hotline set up for victims:

CADETS AND YEA MEMBERS:If you have a complaint of harassment or sexual misconduct YEA wants you to call this hotline 312–786-6540

I put links to these tweets a few posts previous to this. I also added links to them on the OP updates.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

They do not accept resignation, he is fired without cause.

Could be a typo from you Jeff-- from the Tweet:

"He is fired for not performing the duties in his contract."

That's cause, I think. Maybe some morals clause that's in there. Would make a massive difference in likely not being able to collect unemployment based on 177k a year.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 8:51 PM, JMS1995 said:
7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Here is a link to a written story: http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/fired-yea-board-denies-ex-directors-resignation-fires-him-amid-misconduct-allegations/731734892

This article says that he was terminated 'for cause.'

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 2

I believe he was fired WITH cause.

Excerpt from another clarification tweet from Farris:

"Chicago law firm Franczek Radelet is answering the YEA Hotline listening and investigating misconduct claims. If you have something to share call 312–786-6540. "

This answered another question in the back of my mind in who was answering the calls. By the way, I listened to both Drunk Corps Internaitonal pocasts, the most recent... where they're so angry and disgusted by all of this that they're sober and non-cussing... is brilliant.

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

Here is a link to a written story: http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/fired-yea-board-denies-ex-directors-resignation-fires-him-amid-misconduct-allegations/731734892

This article says that he was terminated 'for cause.'

Also added to OP. Thank you.

• Like 1

Not to nitpick, and I certainly am not defending Hopkins, but...

The previous board accepted his resignation.

Can the current board undo the action of the previous board and fire him for cause instead?

Seems weird to me.

Just now, mfrontz said:

Not to nitpick, and I certainly am not defending Hopkins, but...

The previous board accepted his resignation.

Can the current board undo the action of the previous board and fire him for cause instead?

Seems weird to me.

I was trying to find if the previous board had done so.  Their initial response only states that he had resigned.  It makes no mention of whether or not it had been accepted.  It's definitely a lawyer question for sure.