The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

Not to nitpick, and I certainly am not defending Hopkins, but...

The previous board accepted his resignation.

Can the current board undo the action of the previous board and fire him for cause instead?

Seems weird to me.

That's one for the lawyers. That being said, even if the new board loses in court, at least they tried to do something about possible severance and unemployment claims. They're publicly establishing themselves as hostile to Hopkins. Good.

27 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, as relates to purging GH stuff from websites etc., there is some precedent. The Joe Paterno statue outside Beaver Stadium was removed in 2012 and replaced with some trees. It remains removed to this day. As the whole thing unraveled in November 2011, there was some time lag involved before the statue was removed. This speaks to George D's point that things will take a little time. However the precedent is clear, and clearing away GH remembrances is needed. 

Joes halo was removed real quick from the mural in State College. Little things but when the public notices and the face of your organization is....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Can the current board undo the action of the previous board and fire him for cause instead?

Seems weird to me.

Nothing was done in writing and no agreement was in place. This left the window open for the new board to formalize the action regarding his employment status. These folks are not screwing around.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I put links to these tweets a few posts previous to this. I also added links to them on the OP updates.

sorry, day job and streaming WGI slowed me down

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BigW said:

Could be a typo from you Jeff-- from the Tweet:

"He is fired for not performing the duties in his contract."

That's cause, I think. Maybe some morals clause that's in there. Would make a massive difference in likely not being able to collect unemployment based on 177k a year.

yeah sorry typo

7 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Seems weird to me.

well....depends on the terms of the resignation. I've asked before...did he cut himself a golden parachute?

• Thanks 1

Just now, MusicManNJ said:

Nothing was done in writing and no agreement was in place. This left the window open for the new board to formalize the action regarding his employment status. These folks are not screwing around.

Sounds good to me. 

And no, they're not. 

Whereas the previous board obviously didn't know what they were doing. I can picture someone saying, 'Why didn't they think of that?' 

Reminds me of the movie 'The Black Hole,' where the evil villain lobotomizes his crew so they'll do whatever he wants, and then they can't save him when he's crushed by falling debris.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

sorry, day job and streaming WGI slowed me down

Not a problem. Just doing my best to let people know. It comes in waves now and can get a little hectic when stuff breaks.

10 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Not a problem. Just doing my best to let people know. It comes in waves now and can get a little hectic when stuff breaks.

and Chino Hills distracted me greatly!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2