The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

6 minutes ago, afd said:

From what I’ve read the DA has stated there is no investigation going on. From a legal point these cases are hard to prove especially if this happensed many many years ago. 

You could be very right on many of the incidents. Nothing will surprise me one way or another regarding any possible legal charges. I just think that someone somewhere is looking at it very carefully and doing their due diligence, and it could take several months before any decision is reached.

55 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Actually he is basically in solitary due to being famous and prisoner contempt for molestors

Ok - that does make sense.

Better idea - For 2019 Cadets could do a show using music from 'Sunday in the Park with George', but change it to 'Sunday in the Yard with George'.  Maybe 'Jailhouse Rock' in the pre-show?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Charges or no charges, the GH name is poison now. Fair. Unfair. Doesn't change that fact. You think YEA should pause and see if criminal charges are filed before scrubbing away vestiges of GH?  

Do you think I’m protecting him. On the contrary I’m not. What I’m hoping for is any financial misdeeds. If there is any that It would be a big advantage to yea. 

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Charges or no charges, the GH name is poison now. Fair. Unfair. Doesn't change that fact. You think YEA should pause and see if criminal charges are filed before scrubbing away vestiges of GH?  

49 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Generally there's a maximum amount of unemployment insurance you'll receive regardless of income. Once you make over a certain amount, you get the max. Anyway, interesting thing to do and I think Yea is justified in doing so...

Legal fees could eat up any insurance payout quickly.

PA law says 20-yrs for each count of rape, add 10-yrs if victim drugged.  Grand theft auto 3.5-yrs.

4 minutes ago, afd said:

Do you think I’m protecting him. On the contrary I’m not. What I’m hoping for is any financial misdeeds. If there is any that It would be a big advantage to yea. 

Man... compared to the main issue at hand with GH, those are nothing. The car and phone are nothing. The money is meaningless. Not cool.

33 minutes ago, afd said:

Just to be clear GH has not been charged with any criminal wrongdoing or is he being investigated for any criminal act. So comparing this to the Penn St situation we’ll there is none. And because of that this will not be an easy out” for YEA. You look at the Harvey Weinstein thing which is more like this than Sandusky there are no charges against HW and maybe never will be. This is basically a civil legal matter. 

I think this is more like Bill Cosby than Weinstein.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
1-tick for English execution

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think this is more like Bill Cosby that Weinstein.

This difference is Cosby is accused of drugging his victims. Not making any light at the crimes GH did but legally it’s a big difference.