The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

4 minutes ago, BigW said:

Your seemingly delightful wringing of the hands over possible financial malfeasance.  To me, yes, that's something that's not right and very reprehensible if that's found to be true. But the real issue here is the abuse and rape charges. They outweigh anything to do with the misuse  money by a long, long shot. Money can be raised, found, whatever. The damage done to the victims lives' is worth far more than any sum of money or misuse of it. Just my very serious thoughts and concerns about where you seemed to be going.

Sorry if get my point across to you. 

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Counselor - A process question:  Would it be typical for the police to investigate for a while before they bring the DA into the loop, or is the DA in from the get-go on these types of investigations?

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

One of the incidents with YEA staff member in 2008(?) strongly hints of drugging

Here is link - http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/cadets-sexual-harassment-drum-corps-george-hopkins-rape-20180411.html

She ordered a light beer though she loves craft brews, knowing she would sip it slowly and be fine to make the hour-long drive home. Hopkins wanted her drink a shot, goading others at the bar to join in pressuring her.

She agreed and downed a single birthday-cake-flavored shot.

When she went to stand, the room spun around her. She said Hopkins told her she couldn’t drive, took her keys and offered to take her to his home. There, she asked for a glass of water. He brought her wine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BigW said:

Your seemingly delightful wringing of the hands over possible financial malfeasance.  To me, yes, that's something that's not right and very reprehensible if that's found to be true. But the real issue here is the abuse and rape charges. They outweigh anything to do with the misuse  money by a long, long shot. Money can be raised, found, whatever. The damage done to the victims lives' is worth far more than any sum of money or misuse of it. Just my very serious thoughts and concerns about where you seemed to be going.

I think, in parsing things, that - yes - the assault allegations are absolutely paramount in all of this.  However, due to limitations, ability to build a case, etc, these _may_ not go to court.  If there are some financial shenanigans at play (and I'm not saying there are), then that is easier to build a case and at least get some consequence out of it that involves prison.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rmm155 said:

I think, in parsing things, that - yes - the assault allegations are absolutely paramount in all of this.  However, due to limitations, ability to build a case, etc, these _may_ not go to court.  If there are some financial shenanigans at play (and I'm not saying there are), then that is easier to build a case and at least get some consequence out of it that involves prison.  

They did finally get Capone for tax evasion, after all...

Speaking of which, terribly off topic, there is a real-live business in Western Pennsylvania called 'Capone's Tax Service.' Just a bit of levity in the midst of this horrible situation.

o.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

They did finally get Capone for tax evasion, after all...

Speaking of which, terribly off topic, there is a real-live business in Western Pennsylvania called 'Capone's Tax Service.' Just a bit of levity in the midst of this horrible situation.

o.jpg

Is it next door to Chico’s bail bonds? :laughing:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, afd said:

It does happen. But there is no crime for sexual harassment. I think there should be. I’m only responding to what I’ve read. Do I believe rape was involved yes I do. But it’s so hard to prove years later. This is why the HW case is like this. That is a hgh profile case and no charges have yet to be filed. 

nm

Edited by JimF-LowBari