The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just now, Tim K said:

Word is Russian hackers who support Putin had the references removed as a way of meddling in the affairs of DCI.:cheer:

They’re still mad Vanguard didn’t win in 87

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’m not giving the previous board a free pass, but before passing judgement on the previous  board, we have to know what authority they had, whether they were juridical or advisory, and what they knew and when they knew it. GH probably kept them in the dark on many matters. They fumbled enough when the accusations became public, no question, but given what we heard in the past regarding the board on other matters that are not criminal and have nothing to do with what is at hand, it sounds as if they did little other than fill the requirement that the organization has a board. 

We should also remember that the board membership would have changed from time to time. Has anyone yet worked up a chronological roster of YEA's board, noting when new members joined and others departed?

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sorry I had laptop in the post I removed but after checking I was mistaken. He kept car and phone according to what I saw and not laptop. Still.... does he have access to any Cadets info on the “cloud “?

Thanks I edited my post.

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

They’re still mad Vanguard didn’t win in 87

I’m still mad SCV didn’t win in 87!

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Actually it’s the child part that makes them a target. After all the meanest and sickest pups in prison might have kids....

I worked as a volunteer at Camp Hill State Prison's Recreational Gaming program for a couple of years, Jim. Several of the people doing time there told me they'd been abused as kids, and that even by some of their standards, the people who abused children were the lowest of the low on the prison pecking order for that reason. There was also an unwritten rule with the inmates that yeah, you might be committing some crazy crimes... but don't mess with or hurt kids in the process of committing any crimes.

Some of those cats did some serious stuff, too. That being said, all of us who worked together in that program are still close friends, and always will be. We did a lot of good there. It was appreciated.

10 minutes ago, BigW said:

I worked as a volunteer at Camp Hill State Prison's Recreational Gaming program for a couple of years, Jim. Several of the people doing time there told me they'd been abused as kids, and that even by some of their standards, the people who abused children were the lowest of the low on the prison pecking order for that reason. There was also an unwritten rule with the inmates that yeah, you might be committing some crazy crimes... but don't mess with or hurt kids in the process of committing any crimes.

Those prison "codes of conduct" are interesting.

Kinda like the Italian Mafia... if you ever harmed a priest or a nun, or stole stuff from a church, the Mob would not hesitate to outfit you with a pair of cement shoes.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Doesn't leave much of an ABOUT, does it.

I can just imagine a future employer discussing an equally updated resume'....."and what have you done since 1978?"

I believe he spent a year as a HS Band director in PA in the mid-80s if I read the one bio correctly that was linked here a few days ago. :whistle:

Here's a great response I cooked up for that question!

...."After that, I spent my time until now as a beach bum, drinkin' Coronas with a lemon twist in the neck, hangin' out in Florida wearin' flip flops and board shorts. I figured I'd better apply to Wawa now and do some kind of real work for a bit before I'm old enough to collect Social Security. "

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Thanks I edited my post.

Leave it to a baritone to screw things up... right BigW?

14 minutes ago, BigW said:

Some of those cats did some serious stuff, too. That being said, all of us who worked together in that program are still close friends, and always will be. We did a lot of good there. It was appreciated.

Room mate in college became a prison guard at Western Pen at Pittsburgh. Heard a lot from him. Hope to forget some of it someday. Edit Western Pen is where PA keeps the lifers and worst of the worst 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1