The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Room mate in college became a prison guard at Western Pen at Pittsburgh. Heard a lot from him. Hope to forget some of it someday 

We were told by the Warden very few things not to do. Most of it was, just be yourself and be kind, these guys are just really happy to see someone who's not a prison employee and are appreciative (very true). The one thing we were told not to do was ask why they were in there, if they wanted they'd tell us themselves. We stuck to that rule, and yeah some of them did tell us why, and we wish they hadn't.... :doh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

In NJ, the max unemployment is $681/week, for 26 weeks. They take taxes out of that, leaving about $610. Severance may or may not impact the ability to collect, based on how the severance is paid.

At this rate, George Hopkins might need to consider starting up a GoFundMe account on Social Media somewhere.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, afd said:

From what I’ve read the DA has stated there is no investigation going on. From a legal point these cases are hard to prove especially if this happensed many many years ago. 

My advice would be 1. Sit tight and 2. Watch NJ (not PA) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Peel Paint said:

If this allegation is true, it's another example of Hop's/YEA's rubber stamp board not doing due diligence. If true, this should have been a huge red flag for the old board. I hope they each get sued up the wazoo. Not the corps and not YEA... the individuals responsible for this tragedy.

That is not usually how these type of lawsuits go down IMO...the organization that has the money is always brought into it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ll donate 1 jeon. 

This I Believe.

• Haha 4

100% speculation...I'm curious how long it finally took yea to turn off the "YEA" credit cards that GH was using...I wonder if GH had the gall to also use them for personal consumption after being let go...It would not surprise me...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

100% speculation...I'm curious how long it finally took yea to turn off the "YEA" credit cards that GH was using...I wonder if GH had the gall to also use them for personal consumption after being let go...It would not surprise me...

But he really, really cares about the kids...::eye roll::

• Like 2