The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I read the article. The advice the entire faculty received at a district I worked for from 1989-1991 in a presentation by the district lawyer was to NOT touch students. PERIOD. There are ways to demonstrate and get things done without touching, and you need to develop those skills and use them. If I can do it, anyone can. It takes some thought, and maybe some more effort. But, it prevents situations like that from happening. If it meant the band missed out on a BoA medal because I didn't touch anyone... I'd rather still have my integrity hanging around my neck, thank you very much. :satisfied:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Liahona said:

That is not usually how these type of lawsuits go down IMO...the organization that has the money is always brought into it...

Then they better sue the Blue Devils, not the Cadets.   :whistle:    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Liahona said:

That is not usually how these type of lawsuits go down IMO...the organization that has the money is always brought into it...

For some additional info on lawsuits, damages, that a victim(s) might pursue, liability policies of all sorts ( Professional, Commercial, etc ) almost without exception exclude coverages for such things as Intentional Wronging, Illegal Acts, Malicious/ and or Fraudulent Acts of Omission, and so forth. Insurance is not designed to protect and indemnify intentional criminality ( of course.. naturally ). As such,  financial damages that can be won in Civil lawsuit Cases by victim(s) of crimes often lead to recovery of the financial demands made by the Court with the recovery of the value set of the financial damages thru the liquidation and sale of tangible assets on the part of the Individual and/ or the Organization. .  

Edited by BRASSO

25 minutes ago, BigW said:

I read the article. The advice the entire faculty received at a district I worked for from 1989-1991 in a presentation by the district lawyer was to NOT touch students. PERIOD. There are ways to demonstrate and get things done without touching, and you need to develop those skills and use them. If I can do it, anyone can. It takes some thought, and maybe some more effort. But, it prevents situations like that from happening. If it meant the band missed out on a BoA medal because I didn't touch anyone... I'd rather still have my integrity hanging around my neck, thank you very much. :satisfied:

I read it too and kept thinking where the hell was a third person who could be a witness. Being around young people like this should never come down to he said/she said. Dumb move if no other adults were around. Lot of places that have adults around kids mandate always two adults to protect both sides

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I like the commenter who said “you can never escape cosmic justice “.  Pure gold.  The next season, he was making fun of the Midwest and cornfields. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigW said:

We were told by the Warden very few things not to do. Most of it was, just be yourself and be kind, these guys are just really happy to see someone who's not a prison employee and are appreciative (very true). The one thing we were told not to do was ask why they were in there, if they wanted they'd tell us themselves. We stuck to that rule, and yeah some of them did tell us why, and we wish they hadn't.... :doh:

I did some extractions on Bexar county inmates while on rotation at one of the downtown hospitals; some of them were pretty tough looking, sporting tear drop tattoos as well. I would always wonder what they were in for. (It was weird working on someone that was in handcuffs, while a deputy watched from the corner.)

[/off topic]