The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 hours ago, dooser11 said:

Interesting both Cadets and C2 corp directors are no longer listed on their staff pages.

The people going into these positions should be announced later this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What I find ironic about this argument about how much money George has is that, if there are any civil lawsuits, he will likely end up with the same amount ($0) no matter what he has now.  

Well he doesn’t appear to have ANY money  from what I can tell. Doesn’t even own a vehicle and rents an apartment, right?  He assets appear extremely limited if not zero. 

1 hour ago, garfield said:

LOL.  OK.  I'll bite even at the risk of baiting...

(Even in you presume GH earned $175,000 every year for 30 years, and saved 5% ($8750) per year EVERY year...)

You could go HERE and input these variables: Number of Periods: 30, Starting amount: $1, Interest rate: 7% (savings rate!  Remember that?),  Periodic Deposit: $8750 

Then come back here and edit your post to prevent misleading the math-deficient among us.  Even using these unrealistically-beneficial-to-your-argument numbers, the total doesn't get to $1mm.

Brasso's typically argumentative responses actually made more sense than yours.  (OK - whateva', Brasso.)

Now, for some fun with the benefit of frequency when considering compounding, change the variables to be: 360 payments, $1 starting amount, interest at .5833 (1/12 of 7%), and $750 periodic payment (8750/12), and calculate.

The benefit of MONTHLY compounding vs. ANNUAL compounding is over $88,000 in 30 years.  BTW, this works in reverse for money owed, too.  If one makes a regular home mortgage payment but, instead of monthly it's paid weekly, the amount of interest savings over the life of the mortgage is very substantial.

Now, back to whether or not GH is a "likely" millionaire.  My suspicion is that Rice made the comment to capitalize on the class-envy fomenting now prevalent in the greater society to attempt to make him worse than he actually is.

he made it solely because he hates Hopkins ( like many) and is using his new fame to further his agenda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well he doesn’t appear to have ANY money  from what I can tell. Doesn’t even own a vehicle and rents an apartment, right?  He assets appear extremely limited if not zero. 

well...why need anything in your name when you can let YEA cover it? Were the credit cards only used for YEA business?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The 3rd party audit will determine what income GH made off Drum Corps/ YEA. Nobody  should just  automatically assume the $175,000 figure is even accurate any more, imo. Not when his statements that all these 11 women's actions with him over 3 decades are either not entirely accurate, or are all total falsehoods according to his remarks in the Media. Everything he touched of a financial nature there should be under scrutiny now, imo. And from published reports from both DCI HQ, and the new YEA BOD, ...will be.

Agreed. And anyone assuming he’s worth a million dollars will no doubt be quite disappointed. My guess would be 100k tops. Perhaps zero if his business management of the Cadets was at all reflective of his own money management skills 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

He was married and had at least one child. I'd imagine a reasonable chunk of his earnings for years went to child support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigW said:

He was married and had at least one child. I'd imagine a reasonable chunk of his earnings for years went to child support.

Yup and then college tuition 

• Like 1

I asked at the beginning of the thread are many  outraged over the victims and his alleged actions or merely  hate the guy ( with reasons for sure ) 

I know it does not have to be exclusive BUT boy has it drifted from the reason it all started. Now it's all about finance which IMO is solely a Cadet issue, unlike the alleged actions of an activity predator. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I asked at the beginning of the thread are many  outraged over the victims and his alleged actions or merely  hate the guy ( with reasons for sure ) 

I know it does not have to be exclusive BUT boy has it drifted from the reason it all started. Now it's all about finance which IMO is solely a Cadet issue, unlike the alleged actions of an activity predator. 

yes a lot of ancillary issues I agree...but better in here than 5k other threads about everything GH...just my opinion of course...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Chicago mobster Al Capone was also taken down and went to jail ( where he died ) not for any of the myriad of violent murders and other hideous violent crimes he committed over the decades, but for not paying his full measure of taxes to the IRS. Had he lawfully paid his taxes like the rest of us, Capone might've drawn his last breath at home in his peaceful sleep, for all any of us know. For some, the mere fact that this very wealthy man did not pay his fair share of taxes was enough reason alone they were glad he was found guilty and wound up in prison for life. Ok... but we're all glad Capone wound up there, thats what all civilized people agreed upon, and was the bottom line.

Now, back to the thread discussion of GH/ Cadets....,.

Just wanted to set the record straight regarding Al Capone, he was released from prison in 1940 and died in at his home in Palm Island Florida in 1947

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1