The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

8 hours ago, camel lips said:

You would be surprised at how many people really don't give a rats rear about the activity anymore and just don't comment on it. 

the DCp facebook page gets more traffic

12 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Also, keep in mind I would bet almost everyone who went into the fire did know exactly what they were getting into. 

I doubt that.  It may seem that way in 20-20 hindsight (and after all those Glassdoor reviews went public), but most of the people who joined the team over the past 30 years did not have the luxury of all that information.  And in those situations, you usually do not discover exactly how bad it is until you are involved firsthand.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the DCp facebook page gets more traffic

One might argue that the increased traffic in the Facebook group is due to white-noise chatter from a lot of "Internet Commenters" with no skin in the game. And no desire to have skin in the game.

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I doubt that.  It may seem that way in 20-20 hindsight (and after all those Glassdoor reviews went public), but most of the people who joined the team over the past 30 years did not have the luxury of all that information.  And in those situations, you usually do not discover exactly how bad it is until you are involved firsthand.

I don't believe that for a second. You can be partially right in  some cases ( early on ) I have known many who went there MANY, and they all knew, were warned, BUT people always think, NOT ME or it's for the kids, etc etc, I can handle it. I have said even I was asked knowing the rep of working for a person and luckily came to my senses. I believe people know and have inner instinct and this can be a very gossipy activity so I do believe many or most know ( maybe not as much in the beginning )

They were and are a very successful organization, what person, especially staff wouldn't want to be a part. Even if a stepping stone who wouldn't want Cadets on a resume. I'm not faulting people at all but people will do things to get ahead even when instinct tells them differently.

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

One might argue that the increased traffic in the Facebook group is due to white-noise chatter from a lot of "Internet Commenters" with no skin in the game. And no desire to have skin in the game.

i see many names that used to post here

23 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I don't believe that for a second. You can be partially right in  some cases ( early on ) I have known many who went there MANY, and they all knew, were warned, BUT people always think, NOT ME or it's for the kids, etc etc, I can handle it. I have said even I was asked knowing the rep of working for a person and luckily came to my senses. I believe people know and have inner instinct and this can be a very gossipy activity so I do believe many or most know ( maybe not as much in the beginning )

They were and are a very successful organization, what person, especially staff wouldn't want to be a part. Even if a stepping stone who wouldn't want Cadets on a resume. I'm not faulting people at all but people will do things to get ahead even when instinct tells them differently.

maybe in the beginning people didn't know, but word was spreading in the late 90's

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Oh, no doubt many of them knew a lot about the long work hours, constant crises, and some of the unique behaviors of the boss.  I just would not go so far as to contend they knew "exactly" what they were in for ahead of time.

Entire press release from YEA on USBands advisory board at the following link.

https://yea.org/news/2015-usbands-announces-forward-march-initiative

• Like 2