The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Some observers noted a while ago that the loss of the organization's leader with decades of experience (no matter how necessary it was given his immense personal failings), not to mention the replacement of the entire board, combined with the need to develop and implement a response to DCI's probation, would impact this year's logistics. I'm not sure anyone envisioned this particular step, though it's probably a wise move.

41 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Some observers noted a while ago that the loss of the organization's leader with decades of experience (no matter how necessary it was given his immense personal failings), not to mention the replacement of the entire board, combined with the need to develop and implement a response to DCI's probation, would impact this year's logistics. I'm not sure anyone envisioned this particular step, though it's probably a wise move. 

I figure it's a prudent move.  I will admit to wondering how they were going to fund it before all of this even happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmm155 said:

I figure it's a prudent move.  I will admit to wondering how they were going to fund it before all of this even happened. 

Anyone know how much DCI gives to corps when they begin to compete far from their normal starting region?

On 4/28/2018 at 3:04 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

I wonder: did he ever contact any of his victims using company email? Are there records of those communications?

i am sure there's a lot being investigated that has not seen the light of day yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I think it's a wise move. 

• Like 1

How many of you were directly affected by this alleged situation? How many of you were victims of this alleged situation? How many of you have a "dog in this fight"?

If your answer is, "not me", then just stop.

None of us know the details of the situation. All of the allegations could very well be true, and then, at that point, the law compels folks to act accordingly (but let us be clear...that does not make "the law" correct). At that point, maybe folks will feel like justice has been served.

Until then, stop with the piling on. 

And, just so we are clear, this post is from a BD honk who has a large level of dislike for the Cadets in general.

At the same time, humanity is humanity. There are two sides to EVERY story, and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jsd said:

How many of you were directly affected by this alleged situation? How many of you were victims of this alleged situation? How many of you have a "dog in this fight"?

If your answer is, "not me", then just stop.

None of us know the details of the situation. All of the allegations could very well be true, and then, at that point, the law compels folks to act accordingly (but let us be clear...that does not make "the law" correct). At that point, maybe folks will feel like justice has been served.

Until then, stop with the piling on. 

And, just so we are clear, this post is from a BD honk who has a large level of dislike for the Cadets in general.

At the same time, humanity is humanity. There are two sides to EVERY story, and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

Could you be more specific? Stop what exactly?

Stop talking about, e.g., Cadets' decision not to tour to the west coast this summer?

Stop linking to a reporter's tweets when she has an update on this story, e.g., about Hopkins having returned a company car and laptop?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1