The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nor am I. 

Nor am I. And as for jsd''s assertion that some of us have no "dog in the fight," I disagree. As damaging as this has the potential to be for the entire activity, I say that anyone who loves the activity has a dog in this fight.

Edited by oldsoprano
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigW said:

My guess is that they wanted to have something to say about what they're doing about the issue before they said anything at all. From what it looks like, DCA will get the same bi-weekly report that DCI will be getting from RAINN.

To clarify... the bi-weekly reports are coming from YEA. The strategies, training, support and institutionalization of best practices is coming from RAIIN.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dbc03 said:

Sorry to disappoint you with the continued existence of the corps. Thanks for the hot take though

I wasn’t aware the board was gone too. Sorry. Maybe they’ll have entertaining shows again instead of having some weird catholic priests singing stuff no one cares about. Bring back 2000 cadets plz then I’ll stop being a hater.

6 minutes ago, baristeve said:

I wasn’t aware the board was gone too. Sorry. Maybe they’ll have entertaining shows again instead of having some weird catholic priests singing stuff no one cares about. Bring back 2000 cadets plz then I’ll stop being a hater.

If you go to the first page, there’s a very complete accounting of the events.  :14_relaxed:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baristeve said:

See now this is the problem and why in the beginning of this thread it was questioned is this about the victims, what this person allegedly did to them or just a Hop hate because of shows, contributions or changes to the activity or management style.

Your comment has nothing to do with anything on what the guy did or the victims..Oh and by the way who said their shows aren't entertaining?...that would just be your opinion.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If you go to the first page, there’s a very complete accounting of the events.  :14_relaxed:

Regardless of the actions taken to preserve the corps it seems like a hard sell for parents... “yahhh we had a little rape problem last year but it’s been dealt with.” Oook.

1 minute ago, baristeve said:

Regardless of the actions taken to preserve the corps it seems like a hard sell for parents... “yahhh we had a little rape problem last year but it’s been dealt with.” Oook.

seems there is another thread you should see and most parents/ etc etc..are ok and there are parents who posted here. Your Bias is showing..lol

14 hours ago, baristeve said:

If the board of the cadets could not stop this from happening then maybe they should stop being a drum corps.

I think "they" are all gone, unless you're blaming junior staff or members.