The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Alumni donations have been diminishing for at least 20 years for one single readon

Exactly, with GH now gone, I fully expect annual donations to substantially increase, with this year being especially a good year for donations.

• Like 1

Yeah but more stuff keeps coming out

Meanwhile, on the DCA front ( Cadets2 a member )  the silence is deafening all throughout this. Whats up with THAT ? They have adults  that are aged 45-50, marching beside teenagers. 

7 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

Exactly, with GH now gone, I fully expect annual donations to substantially increase, with this year being especially a good year for donations.

I think they will initially increase, but when it becomes apparent that the money is going to pay for Hopkins-related lawsuits, I think they will stop. Yes, that involves speculation that there will be lawsuits, but I don't see how there won't be lawsuits.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Meanwhile, on the DCA front ( Cadets2 a member )  the silence is deafening all throughout this. Whats up with THAT ? They have adults  that are aged 45-50, marching beside teenagers. 

Your skills of finding out wrong information wins again.  They did put out a (very brief) statement yesterday.

1 minute ago, cybersnyder said:

I think they will initially increase, but when it becomes apparent that the money is going to pay for Hopkins-related lawsuits, I think they will stop. Yes, that involves speculation that there will be lawsuits, but I don't see how there won't be lawsuits.

While I don't doubt there may be a lawsuit or three out of this, from what I read, most of the woman just wanted him out of the corps.

Also, even more reason for them to get a lot of money from everyone.  No one will want to see the new YEA suffer for the sins of their former leader.

This is still all based on accusations. For basic background checks to be a teacher or work with kids it only shows if you have been charged with a crime or maybe had a bankruptcy. I think that he has to be charged with something, until then there is nothing  legaly preventing him from working with a youth organization. I don't want a legal battle with huge costs killing the corps.  But as long as he has not been charged it could be difficult to ban him from that activity.

5 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

Your skills of finding out wrong information wins again.  They did put out a (very brief) statement yesterday.

Your snark skills are more impressive than DCA's brief statement. But thats not saying much, I know.

Edited by BRASSO