Corps Responses to Inquirer Article

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Enough already!

Why? Interesting who hasn’t stepped up yet, interesting and a bit disappointing. Then again I get annual sexual harassment and sexual assault training (separate classes) for DoD.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Why? Interesting who hasn’t stepped up yet, interesting and a bit disappointing. Then again I get annual sexual harassment and sexual assault training (separate classes) for DoD.

Whether it's Boston or any other corps that "hasn't stepped up yet" Jim, I feel these announcements, no matter how sincere and how bad a corps feels about what's taking place recently, are just PR spin for parents and future mm.  "Hey, we better send out an announcement 'cause many other corps are doing it."  After reading part of the first announcement posted, that was all I needed since I felt the future ones would be very similar.  This past week or so has been tough for the activity and could get worse in the weeks ahead.  Maybe I'm just selfish enough that I only want to enjoy D&BC and not the behind the scenes activities.  Some, which have been going on "behind the scenes" for decades.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Whether it's Boston or any other corps that "hasn't stepped up yet" Jim, I feel these announcements, no matter how sincere and how bad a corps feels about what's taking place recently, are just PR spin for parents and future mm.  "Hey, we better send out an announcement 'cause many other corps are doing it."  After reading part of the first announcement posted, that was all I needed since I felt the future ones would be very similar.  This past week or so has been tough for the activity and could get worse in the weeks ahead.  Maybe I'm just selfish enough that I only want to enjoy D&BC and not the behind the scenes activities.  Some, which have been going on "behind the scenes" for decades.

Can’t argue on the PR spin for at least some. When I read “reviewing our policy” I picture someone reading the pages and saying “yep we’re good”. (Ok I work for Uncle Sam and see way too much of that) Some of the responses talk about background checks and nothing on how members can report and feel safe doing it. That part adds to the disappointment.

"And as far as I can tell, nothing has been said by the following corps, nor do they have harassment and/or whistleblower policies anywhere easy to find:

Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Bushwackers, Carolina Gold, Cincinnati Tradition, Connecticut Hurricane, Crossmen, Fusion Core, Gold, Golden Empire, Govenaires, Guardians, Hawthorne Caballeros, Impulse, Incognito, Legends, Louisiana Stars, Phantom Regiment, Pioneer, Raiders, Reading Buccaneers, River City Rhythm, Santa Clara Vanguard, Shadow, Skyliners, Spartans, Spirit of Atlanta, Stentors, Vessel, White Sabers

Let me know if I missed something. And if you are affiliated with any of the above groups, on the first list or the second, maybe check in with them and make sure you feel what they're doing is good enough."

Each corps is handling this in their own way. I believe every group in DCI, DCA, Soundsport and WGI have policies in place. If not, shame on them. 

Raiders stand by not only the victims but with all alumni and current corps members as this tragedy unfolds. We have not placed a public statement here because we know the current members are reading all the comments, good and bad, which is, in my opinion, making it very hard for them.
Raiders have a strong harassment policy, and always had, and it is in each members, staff, admin and board contract.
We are now in the process of putting together a harassment hotline.
We also released a statement to everyone on our Alumni, Friends and Family mailing lists.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Enough already!

If you don’t want to follow drum corps in its entirety, kindly leave or ignore it.