Corps Responses to Inquirer Article

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Thanks! I have updated the lists.

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

OK, I emailed her a link to this discussion.

I was sent a link to this article from a North Carolina outlet about Crown's response:

http://www.spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/charlotte/news/2018/04/16/abuse-allegations-in-drum-corps-international

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was online before, but Carolina Gold's member handbook (pdf) is pretty easy to find on their site. The employee handbook where I work includes a couple pages about harassment policy and how to report violations, so you'd think something similar would appear in Gold's document, but I can't find anything along those lines. If I missed it please let me know! But for now I'm leaving Gold on the second list.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:44 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

OK, as far as I can tell, each of the following organizations has put out some sort of response and/or has a prominent, robust policy in place:

DCA

DCI

Academy

Atlanta CV

Battalion

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Carolina Crown

Cavaliers

Chops Inc.

Colts

Columbians

Blue Devils

Blue Knights

Blue Stars

Cascades

Erie Thunderbirds

Guardians

Heat Wave

Jersey Surf

Madison Scouts

Minnesota Brass

Music City

Oregon Crusaders

Pacific Crest

Raiders

Sacramento Mandarins

Santa Clara Vanguard

Seattle Cascades

7th Regiment

Southern Knights

Southwind

Troopers

Watchmen

I would not describe all of the statements issued by the corps or groups above (especially DCA [as initially posted]) to be adequate, but something is better than nothing. And as far as I can tell, nothing has been said by the following corps, nor do they have harassment and/or whistleblower policies anywhere easy to find:

Bushwackers, Carolina Gold, Cincinnati Tradition, Connecticut Hurricanes, Crossmen, Fusion Core, Gold, Golden Empire, Govenaires, Hawthorne Caballeros, Impulse, Incognito, Legends, Louisiana Stars, Phantom Regiment, Pioneer, Reading Buccaneers, River City Rhythm, Shadow, Skyliners, Spartans, Spirit of Atlanta, Stentors, Vessel, White Sabers

Let me know if I missed something. And if you are affiliated with any of the above groups, on the first list or the second, maybe check in with them and make sure you feel what they're doing is good enough.

If anyone knows of any further updates, do note them here.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

An organization can put out a statement.....or they can say nothing and quietly remove any mention of some "select" staff members until the heat dies down.

7 hours ago, BigW said:

Chops and the Thunderbirds are DCA A Class. Even though MBI is inactive, they're also DCA affiliated as well.

Yes, sorry if the list is misleading: DCA and DCI both appear at the top as organizations who have made statements, not as headers for the other organizations, so I shall resort them alphabetically to avoid confusion.

6 hours ago, bullethead said:

An organization can put out a statement.....or they can say nothing and quietly remove any mention of some "select" staff members until the heat dies down.

Better to do both, I think. Although I wasn't looking only for statements. The list includes any group that has either issued a statement or who has a harassment policy on their website.

22 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Better to do both, I think. Although I wasn't looking only for statements. The list includes any group that has either issued a statement or who has a harassment policy on their website.

For sure! Very disappointed by how one of the groups has/hasn't handled this.....that was the point of my post. I think you took it the wrong way.

• Thanks 1