DCI "Crossroads" In Zionsville, IN

DCI added a show on July 11 in Zionsville, IN called DCI Crossroads. Included Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Legend, Phantom, and Madison. Not a bad list of corps for what I think is a new show. Maybe some of you know that this is a revival of something else. Zionsville is a short hop northwest of Indianapolis, essentially the Indy area.

What might be the thinking in adding another Indiana show (after Evansville, Muncie, Michigan City, and finals week)? Maybe the timing matters.

• Like 2

I was just talking about this with a friend not too long ago. We both couldn’t believe that BD was in the lineup. And I think this is a show that isn’t Finals that’s closer to downtown Indianapolis than say Evansville or Michigan City, Muncie is quite the drive too. I thought this was an odd show addition, but I’m not complaining. Will definitely be attending. 

PS: Still bitter that they moved the Tour Premiere out of Naptown to the Motor City

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ripchops said:

PS: Still bitter that they moved the Tour Premiere out of Naptown to the Motor City

I wouldn't say bitter for me, but was sure looking forward to it again. On the other hand, various scheduling things came together so that I am going to see the Whitewater show as my own premier.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 4:19 AM, ripchops said:

I was just talking about this with a friend not too long ago. We both couldn’t believe that BD was in the lineup. And I think this is a show that isn’t Finals that’s closer to downtown Indianapolis than say Evansville or Michigan City, Muncie is quite the drive too. I thought this was an odd show addition, but I’m not complaining. Will definitely be attending. 

Muncie's pretty close to Indianapolis. In fact, it's close enough to be the Colts' finals housing site.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

Muncie's pretty close to Indianapolis. In fact, it's close enough to be the Colts' finals housing site.

It’s quite the drive for me, I live south of Indianapolis. And on a side note, I completely thought the Colts you were referring to was the hometown football team and I really have no idea why, and not the Colts from Iowa. This is a drum corps website after all, just missing some Colts football is all. 

• Like 1

Zionsville High School is a member of the Hoosier "Crossroads" athletic conference.

It's an okay name for these kinds of things. I didn't realize that Crossroads of America is an official nickname of Indiana. (Here from Wikipedia.) As I think more about this show, and study the other shows I want to get to during the summer, I'm even more impressed with this lineup.

Hope you enjoyed those 1970s years in drum corps, @oldsoprano.

15 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

My age-out year (1979), we marched in the "Crossroads of America" d&bc competition at Lawrence North H.S. in Indy.

Hm. FWIW, There used to be a show in Terre Haute in the 80's and 90's. The actual crossroads of America. 

• Like 1