YEA board resigns

Thank goodness. Healing thoughts to all affected.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I have mixed feelings about this.

Not about replacing the board--that absolutely had to happen.

And for the most part, they seem to have picked good people to take over.

...but did they have to bring in a guy from Tresona?

At this point why not?  It makes strategic sense.  If everyone is going to have to play ball with Tresona at this point, why not get on the inside of that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't think they could have found anyone better to right the ship and lead the Cadets through these times and bring them out better and stronger on the other side than Doug Rutherford.  Wishing him the best!

• Like 2

Is it a conflict of interest to have someone from Tresona? Glad they have a new board, though.

The board resigning is a good move, but I have had one major question over the years regarding the YEA board, long before the recent events. The board was often considered a “rubber stamp” for the former director. Was the YEA board juridical with actual responsibilities and some independence, or was it advisory only? Both kinds of boards can be effective if used well, and both can have challenges. Another issue would be how board members are selected and who does the selecting. While I do think the board needed to be replaced, understanding how YEA’s board worked and what authority it had will be crucial in moving forward, because if you do know know the why of the board’s functioning, the problems could happen again.