YEA board resigns

Finally!  I like the new BOD so far. Great choices. All seem to bring a different skill set.  Love the statement made. Well written and it cuts right to the core of the problem. Still lots of healing to do and there may be more accusations (against Hopkins or others).  We may see any number of civil suits over the next year or so, and the black eye slugged onto DCI's face because of this has not healed yet.  We need to help these women in need, and we need to encourage others to speak up if they have been hazed or harassed in any way, shape, or form (men and women). 

• Like 9

CALLING ALL CADET ALUMNI! After giving a sizeable donation to The Cadets yesterday (my first one in 26 years) I was alarmed to find out that they only have 300 alumni in their database. With the recent events of last week and today, it is time to change that.... and give.... to the organization that gave us all so much.

It automatically populates into their database.

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH EVERY CADET ALUM YOU KNOW. If a petition concerning our corps could get 4800 responses, I call upon my Cadet brothers and sisters of all generations to fill this out, then give when they finally do email you!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I would suggest they bring on board a music educator as well, for both Cadets and USBands concerns (including balancing the Tresona board member).

This would be a great idea, especially for the USBands side of things, but also for the corps as well.

• Like 1

It's interesting to note that the URL of the press release says 'interim board' but the release itself does not imply it's an interim board!

36 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:
CALLING ALL CADET ALUMNI! After giving a sizeable donation to The Cadets yesterday (my first one in 26 years) I was alarmed to find out that they only have 300 alumni in their database. With the recent events of last week and today, it is time to change that.... and give.... to the organization that gave us all so much.

It automatically populates into their database.

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH EVERY CADET ALUM YOU KNOW. If a petition concerning our corps could get 4800 responses, I call upon my Cadet brothers and sisters of all generations to fill this out, then give when they finally do email you!

Completed the survey. 

Glad to read the old board is gone. GH as well as the old board have been a huge stain on the drum corps I love to death. I hope the healing process can begin and they can make The Cadets great again. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Is it a conflict of interest to have someone from Tresona? Glad they have a new board, though.

No, not necessarily. Non-profits' boards regularly include executives from companies with whom the non-profits do business.

23 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Next up?  Time to buy some vacant property in NJ and build a campus!    :3_grin:

So forget about Garfield then. Everything in that area is already paved over and developed. :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

So forget about Garfield then. Everything in that area is already paved over and developed. :tongue:

AND expensive!