The future of the Cadets

Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?

• Yes
    • No

ugg, I tried to link to that section of the thread and that strange format showed up and then I couldn't delete so it's a mess

best to click to the thread by hitting the corners because those were note even the posts I was trying to get

let me see if I can edit it back

3 minutes ago, cowtown said:

seriously?

to both your statements 

Just blocking you. Should have ages ago

who can stand the same thing over and over? 

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

That doesn’t mean the organization is to blame for Hopkins. Period. 

Now please stop with the same over and over 

It does mean that people who claim "everybody knew" what a jerk GH was didn't call him out on his abusive behavior to his employees. I'm not talking about the sexual stuff no one knew about. His mental and emotional abuse was often not challenged as seen above. People left for more money elsewhere, or personal life reasons, or whatever. Not because GH was a pig who needed to be gone. That's the point. That behavior wasn't called out by people who knew. Disagree. It's a free country. But don't pretend to not understand what I'm saying. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Just blocking you. Should have ages ago

who can stand the same thing over and over? 

Don't do that, George.

(EDIT: Unless he blocked me, too.  It's probably safe to say he's still connected with 2000Cadet so maybe my Bro :lle: will tell George for me.)

Edited by garfield

Sounds like an organization taking things seriously and heading in a very positive direction

yea.org

View online
Having trouble viewing this email?

The Cadets
spacer.gif

HOME     |     TICKETSSUPPORT     |     CONTACT US

spacer.gif

Hello all,

This is Dave Marden, the Director of Performing Ensembles for YEA!. We are in the final hours of preparations for a big rehearsal camp weekend. I am writing to invite you to visit The Cadets and Cadets2 rehearsal at Red Land High School in Lewisberry, PA and to explain a bit about our policies for volunteers, employees, and instructional staff. The finale to the weekend will be a townhall style meeting for all members, volunteers, staff, and fans of the Cadets and Cadets2 to address the recent activities and plans for this year. And, as is our tradition, the conclusion of the weekend will be a “show and tell” performance by The Cadets and Cadets2, starting at 1:00 PM on Sunday April 29, 2018.

YEA! has a policy and a process with respect to background checks and clearances and I want to provide some insight into how we are handling this. In the current environment, there is a high degree of scrutiny on us, but that does not mean you cannot come to camp if you have not completed the process. We welcome you to come to the school and we will help you complete the process.

The YEA! policy requires any employee, seasonal staff member or volunteer who has contact with children to complete the three clearances mandated by Pennsylvania state law. This includes the PA State Police Criminal History Report, the PA Division of Human Services Child Abuse Report and an FBI Fingerprint Search for Prior Arrests. These background clearances are mandatory under state law and YEA! policy.

The clearances are typically good for five years under the law. However, YEA! has implemented a policy which requires renewal of these clearances on an annual basis. That means that if you have current clearances which were obtained before April 19, 2017, you will need to complete the clearances again.

YEA! understands that the process of obtaining your clearances is new to many people. If you will be joining us for the rehearsal at Red Land High School this weekend, we will have Julie Rouse and Jessica Gibson from the YEA! office staff onsite to assist you with your questions and to help you get your accounts setup and clearances requested. Julie will be available on Saturday from 10AM to 3PM and Jessica will be available all weekend. I encourage you to take advantage of their expertise and complete the process as soon as possible.

If you will not be at rehearsal or if you have any questions or need assistance at any time about clearances, Julie, Jessica and I stand ready to assist you here at the office.

The safety of our members, staff and volunteers remains our primary focus here at YEA! Our policy on background checks is a big part of that and we look forward to working with all to ensure that the policy is understood and followed.

Thank you for your time!

The Cadets on Facebook The Cadets on Twitter The Cadets on the Web The Cadets on YouTube
`
PRIVACY STATEMENT

©2‌018 YOUTH EDUCATION IN THE ARTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY FURTHER EMAILS FROM US, PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Sounds like an organization taking things seriously and heading in a very positive direction

yea.org

View online
Having trouble viewing this email?

The Cadets
spacer.gif

HOME     |     TICKETSSUPPORT     |     CONTACT US

spacer.gif

Hello all,

This is Dave Marden, the Director of Performing Ensembles for YEA!. We are in the final hours of preparations for a big rehearsal camp weekend. I am writing to invite you to visit The Cadets and Cadets2 rehearsal at Red Land High School in Lewisberry, PA and to explain a bit about our policies for volunteers, employees, and instructional staff. The finale to the weekend will be a townhall style meeting for all members, volunteers, staff, and fans of the Cadets and Cadets2 to address the recent activities and plans for this year. And, as is our tradition, the conclusion of the weekend will be a “show and tell” performance by The Cadets and Cadets2, starting at 1:00 PM on Sunday April 29, 2018.

YEA! has a policy and a process with respect to background checks and clearances and I want to provide some insight into how we are handling this. In the current environment, there is a high degree of scrutiny on us, but that does not mean you cannot come to camp if you have not completed the process. We welcome you to come to the school and we will help you complete the process.

The YEA! policy requires any employee, seasonal staff member or volunteer who has contact with children to complete the three clearances mandated by Pennsylvania state law. This includes the PA State Police Criminal History Report, the PA Division of Human Services Child Abuse Report and an FBI Fingerprint Search for Prior Arrests. These background clearances are mandatory under state law and YEA! policy.

The clearances are typically good for five years under the law. However, YEA! has implemented a policy which requires renewal of these clearances on an annual basis. That means that if you have current clearances which were obtained before April 19, 2017, you will need to complete the clearances again.

YEA! understands that the process of obtaining your clearances is new to many people. If you will be joining us for the rehearsal at Red Land High School this weekend, we will have Julie Rouse and Jessica Gibson from the YEA! office staff onsite to assist you with your questions and to help you get your accounts setup and clearances requested. Julie will be available on Saturday from 10AM to 3PM and Jessica will be available all weekend. I encourage you to take advantage of their expertise and complete the process as soon as possible.

If you will not be at rehearsal or if you have any questions or need assistance at any time about clearances, Julie, Jessica and I stand ready to assist you here at the office.

The safety of our members, staff and volunteers remains our primary focus here at YEA! Our policy on background checks is a big part of that and we look forward to working with all to ensure that the policy is understood and followed.

Thank you for your time!

The Cadets on Facebook The Cadets on Twitter The Cadets on the Web The Cadets on YouTube
`
PRIVACY STATEMENT

©2‌018 YOUTH EDUCATION IN THE ARTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY FURTHER EMAILS FROM US, PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE

I am SO glad that the grown ups are in charge now.  Professionalism.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Bone-Tone Lord said:

I never would have wanted to march there anyway. Even before it came out that Hopkins was a rapist, they were infamous for eating and sleeping less than anyone else, and as a result having more people either getting hurt or burning out and leaving early than pretty much any other corps. And their lousy show design lately certainly didn't improve my impression of them. I do know people who left my corps to go there, but why you'd pick the Cadets as the corps you want to make finals with over literally anyone else is beyond me.

This was written by someone who knows nothing about The Cadets. For the record,: The Cadets practice hard, eat great! eat plenty,( Eat Better than a lot of corps) Sleep on the buses after shows just like other corps, Arrive at their schools at 3am or 4 am just like other corps. have floor time until 8,9,10 or 11 just like other corps, Have days off and wash clothes days just like other corps.  Don't know where you got your info Bone-Drone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1