The future of the Cadets

Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Would you allow yourself, your kids, or your friends to march with the Cadets after the recent events that occurred?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I would NOT have allowed my child to march in my era of drum corps.  We have grown in many ways.  Awareness, education, and compassion especially.   

Although I try to never look back but move forward there was a lot that sucked BITD compared to now ( JMO) BUT, I am glad I got to experience drum corps as a MM with some of the iconic corps, innocence, tight-knit regional programs, a little more free time to do other things, 

I do wish I could be a mm of today and do some of these shows today.

• Like 1

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Although I try to never look back but move forward there was a lot that sucked BITD compared to now ( JMO) BUT, I am glad I got to experience drum corps as a MM with some of the iconic corps, innocence, tight-knit regional programs, a little more free time to do other things, 

I do wish I could be a mm of today and do some of these shows today.

Me, too.  I’m glad I marched.  It made me who I am. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Me, too.  I’m glad I marched.  It made me who I am. 

I guess we didn't know what was good for us or not bitd in many cases, deadly busses, lack of hydration, sleep, stretching our bodies. I guess Dunkin donuts and orange soda was not a healthy breakfast, and remember those tiny cereal boxes you put milk in and had to eat before it seeped through..lol

I guess ignorance is bliss,,lol

• Haha 1

Just now, GUARDLING said:

I guess we didn't know what was good for us or not bitd in many cases, deadly busses, lack of hydration, sleep, stretching our bodies. I guess Dunkin donuts and orange soda was not a healthy breakfast, and remember those tiny cereal boxes you put milk in and had to eat before it seeped through..lol

I guess ignorance is bliss,,lol

You’re right.  We didn’t know any better. :laughing:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The worst food story I ever heard was not back when I marched but in the mid 2000’s .  My son had a friend in Cap Regiment who told him they were fed nothing but cake for a few days in Kansas in 100 degree heat.  He was giving her food from his corps.  I refer to them as the “let them eat cake” corps. 

I remember stories of a corps (which I will not name, but not Garfield) that was fed popcorn for several days in the late 70s.  Some of the members made friends with members of SCV & BD so they could 'share' food.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I remember stories of a corps (which I will not name) that was fed popcorn for several days in the late 70s.  Some of the members made friends with members of SCV & BD so they could 'share' food.

Poor Magic of Orlando, 1997. They starved...we ended up feeding them after shows more than once...

Edited by fireshane1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1