I&E At Williamsport info?

Know it’s early but thinking....

If you want to play Jim, get a hold of me. Maybe not this year- but next? I'm trying to figure something out for me, but am looking for some duet/trio/small group opportunities.

The big loaded question is this- since they've turned loose non "marching" instruments in DCA...Could I use my Euphonium and or Trombones?

Will let you know W but will be a while. Getting used to the big change in my life will take a long time. Now the inner ear problem is kicking in again with allergy season. Have new doctor (Hershey Med) and hope they will be more productive than the last group.

17 hours ago, BigW said:

If you want to play Jim, get a hold of me. Maybe not this year- but next? I'm trying to figure something out for me, but am looking for some duet/trio/small group opportunities.

The big loaded question is this- since they've turned loose non "marching" instruments in DCA...Could I use my Euphonium and or Trombones?

There were a few low brass I&Es on upright euph, trombone and concert tuba last year.  The top two in the bari/euph/trombone category and the winner of the tuba category all played on non-marching instruments.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jimpjorps said:

There were a few low brass I&Es on upright euph, trombone and concert tuba last year.  The top two in the bari/euph/trombone category and the winner of the tuba category all played on non-marching instruments.

And... there's a reason for that. My Euphonium slots better and is WAY more responsive with a wider dynamic envelope than my Kanstul, even after I had it seriously breathed on. Thanks for the tip- I could prolly play one of my bones in a backup role to someone who's an actual Bone player. Need to see if I can pick up the Urbie Green on Friday to compliment my 1939 2-B. The vintage Tuba project won't be ready till at least year's end.

Yeah... I've turned into a bit of a horn collector.:innocent:

21 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Will let you know W but will be a while. Getting used to the big change in my life will take a long time. Now the inner ear problem is kicking in again with allergy season. Have new doctor (Hershey Med) and hope they will be more productive than the last group.

Hope so too- inner ear... meaning you have balance issues? O.o

11 minutes ago, BigW said:

Hope so too- inner ear... meaning you have balance issues? O.o

In more ways than one lol...  iow not to be confused with “just ain’t right” 

30 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

In more ways than one lol...  iow not to be confused with “just ain’t right” 

Oh, man. In other words... okay at this point we all lean to the left in the drill... *klunk* NOT THAT FAR JIM! :blink:

Figure they'll get this solved at Hershey. They have their act together.

16 minutes ago, BigW said:

Oh, man. In other words... okay at this point we all lean to the left in the drill... *klunk* NOT THAT FAR JIM! :blink:

Figure they'll get this solved at Hershey. They have their act together.

Klunk? That was the name of the DM at Hanover when I was there. Yeah dealing with this crap off and on and tired of it. If Hershey Med strikes out can always go to Frans buddies at Johnny Hopkins as know the way to their outpatient clinic all too well. Turn left when 83 ends, pass two bars and a booze store and turn left again. Then thru the one projects and right to the parking garage.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2