Thanks but looks like a government contract lol. Or worse yet the guy on the corner with 3 walnut shells and 1 ball. “Keep your eye on the one with the ball folks.... it’s easy... you can’t lose...”

On 4/26/2018 at 9:23 PM, BigW said:

And that's like a 5 parsec drive down I-80.... wow- good for them!

It’s the first show on our three day tour starting July 28th. Show Schedule 

June 26th DCI  Mason OH.

July 14th DCI Alexandra KY.

July 21st DCA Columbus OH. 

July 28th DCA Peckville, PA.

July 29th DCI White Lake, MI.

July 30th DCI Centerville, OH. 

August 26th DCA Hiram, GA.

August 31st - September 3rd DCA Championships 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the host buys a package from dci, and corps get paid from there. theres tiers to the package based on number of corps, name corps etc....and tiers for pay for the corps based on placement ( 1-8, 9-17 etc). then at the end of the year, DCi distributes money from that collected set of payments plus DCI run shows ( regionals, finals week) out to the corps.

I've seen it said the DCI Open Class corps get zero$, are these people right? Though they do all compete in the Prelims, where they could place x....

18 hours ago, BigW said:

I've seen it said the DCI Open Class corps get zero$, are these people right? Though they do all compete in the Prelims, where they could place x....

No, Open Class corps still get appearance fees for performing at shows on the DCI tour. Once the Open Class tour starts, those payouts cease, which was a move made at the request of the Open Class directors. They have an entirely different payout system once the Open Class tour starts, which is the last two weeks of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kamarag said:

No, Open Class corps still get appearance fees for performing at shows on the DCI tour. Once the Open Class tour starts, those payouts cease, which was a move made at the request of the Open Class directors. They have an entirely different payout system once the Open Class tour starts, which is the last two weeks of the season.

Huge "Ahhah!" moment. Thanks for the clarification. :worthy:

That's quite different from the the way certain posts have implied. A huge difference.

12 hours ago, BigW said:

Huge "Ahhah!" moment. Thanks for the clarification. :worthy:

That's quite different from the the way certain posts have implied. A huge difference.

It’s much better now than it was when my kid was marching Division 2/3.  

On 4/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, Jim Schehr said:

It’s the first show on our three day tour starting July 28th. Show Schedule 

June 26th DCI  Mason OH.

July 14th DCI Alexandra KY.

July 21st DCA Columbus OH. 

July 28th DCA Peckville, PA.

July 29th DCI White Lake, MI.

July 30th DCI Centerville, OH. 

August 26th DCA Hiram, GA.

August 31st - September 3rd DCA Championships 

Peckville to Michigan? Holy bus trip!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Peckville to Michigan? Holy bus trip!

Now you mention it, YEAH! :blink:

That's the equivalent of what BD used to call "Suicide runs" BITD. Definitely!

Man, finish the show, everyone pack, load the buses and trailers, GO! (oh... and make sure no one got left behind :satisfied:)

Edited by BigW

Mapquest 9 hours and 400+ miles on I-80. Man W and I did the overnight trips but never between shows. Canton to Erie was at least sleep in the hotel and morning drive/nap then straight to the field almost.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Mapquest 9 hours and 400+ miles on I-80. Man W and I did the overnight trips but never between shows. Canton to Erie was at least sleep in the hotel and morning drive/nap then straight to the field almost.

Man... and to think that one reason that  I made 1982 my last season marching was that I couldn't stand being on a bus for more than two hours!!! :tongue:

• Haha 1