The Academy 2018

• 3 weeks later...

I heard Academy made a lot of changes in their time off, I am excited to see what happens tonight!!!

Edited by DrummerPA
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrummerPA said:

I heard Academy made a lot of changes in their time off, I am excited to see what happens tonight!!!

Did they adjust any of the narration? At Stanford it was far and away the most problematic element of their show design. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Did they adjust any of the narration? At Stanford it was far and away the most problematic element of their show design. 

The next day in Sacramento they had already gotten rid of the recitation of the Fibonacci sequence during their opener, so it looks like they're aware that the narration needs to be addressed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DrummerPA said:

Lindsey Vento just spent the week with them. It's her first year as a drum corps creative director so it's not unexpected that she has a learning curve - no pun intended. I'm also pretty curious to see the changes tonight and then finally in person on Monday night at the home show.

53 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Yes, they have addressed the narrations, and with Lindsey there this week, they have made a number of other changes. I’m expecting a great show tonight. 

• Like 2

The Academy has a great show this year, as they have had for the last few years now. It would be cool to see them make finals, but everyone in that 10-16 grouping is fantastic this year. It is always hard to enter the top 12 every year, but then when you also have corps like Mandarins and Spirit really emerging, it makes it even tougher now. But regardless of placement, I am really going to enjoy watching Academy over the next month and half to see how they improve their already great production.

• Like 1

Nice job Acadrmy, last nights show was awesome!!! I love the new changes they implemented! I’m hoping for another great run tonight and a nice jump in our score. 

• Like 1

Oh my god, Academy, GREAT show last night! Nice jump in score! Can’t wait to see what the first regional brings!!!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 6:24 PM, MisterA said:

The Academy has a great show this year, as they have had for the last few years now. It would be cool to see them make finals, but everyone in that 10-16 grouping is fantastic this year. It is always hard to enter the top 12 every year, but then when you also have corps like Mandarins and Spirit really emerging, it makes it even tougher now. But regardless of placement, I am really going to enjoy watching Academy over the next month and half to see how they improve their already great production.

There's no 10-16 grouping - Crossmen, Regiment and Blue Stars are significantly ahead of those that are placing lower. It's a 9-12 group with Regiment, Blue Stars, Crossmen and Mandarins, and a 13-17 group with Spirit, Madison, Academy, Troopers and Colts.

• Like 2