YEA Board of Directors

3 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Amazing what you can accomplish by simply asking somebody who promised openness and transparency to be more open and transparent about what's been going on. I'm glad he didn't take the flippant and frankly dismissive tone that MusicManNJ greeted your request with, or "rolled his eyes" like George Dixon did. Then again, based on everything I've gleaned from Mr. Rutherford on past experiences with him and from other sources, it didn't surprise me at all that he was more than happy to answer your questions. That's the kind of guy he is.

Well done to you and to Mr. Rutherford! :thumbup:

You’re missing the point. Why was it necessary to post this here? If it’s a personal concern then you don’t, if it’s an agenda then you do. That’s all. 

There are a lot of busy bodies these days 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

You’re missing the point. Why was it necessary to post this here? If it’s a personal concern then you don’t, if it’s an agenda then you do. That’s all. 

Not my body ... I’m retired.

As far as how the board was selected who cares? It is kind of like sausage ... I don’t need to know the gory details of how it was made ... I just want a delicious kielbasa. 

I am ecstatic with the changes already in place at YEA! I will be cheering Cadets at every show I see them this year ... almost as much as Bloo!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Good point but too bad you buried it in snark....

It was, IMHO, a snark worthy response. Demanding to know every bit of minute detail is a waste of precious time. Just like all the self proclaimed experts coming out of the woodwork to tell YEA what they need to do. My favorite is one from someone who wanted the Cadets to fly them out from where he lived so he could speak to the corps about sexual abuse and also tell them about their important history... what for it... without ever being involved with the corps (no a member, staff, admin). All the crazies are coming out of the wood work. My point to rpbobcat was this is not the most important thing they have to address right now. Happy Mr. Rutherford responded (cause that is the type of guy he is). But is this really at the top of the list of things he needs to be dealing right now? Probably not. Just suggesting folks cut them some slack to focus on the important issues at hand and to George Dixon's point let their actions speak for themselves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

It was, IMHO, a snark worthy response. Demanding to know every bit of minute detail is a waste of precious time. Just like all the self proclaimed experts coming out of the woodwork to tell YEA what they need to do. My favorite is one from someone who wanted the Cadets to fly them out from where he lived so he could speak to the corps about sexual abuse and also tell them about their important history... what for it... without ever being involved with the corps (no a member, staff, admin). All the crazies are coming out of the wood work. My point to rpbobcat was this is not the most important thing they have to address right now. Happy Mr. Rutherford responded (cause that is the type of guy he is). But is this really at the top of the list of things he needs to be dealing right now? Probably not. Just suggesting folks cut them some slack to focus on the important issues at hand and to George Dixon's point let their actions speak for themselves.

When you promise openness and transparency, and then respond swiftly and respectfully to requests for more openness and transparency, that tells me that he feels this issue is indeed just as important as any other the organization has to conquer right now. This is a very good thing and IMO is the exact right approach they should be taking. No matter how difficult it might be, no matter how time-consuming, it matters. All of it matters at this point. And he knows that. All I can say is I'm very glad that Doug Rutherford didn't roll his eyes.

• Thanks 1

So what is worse thinking that you deserve a response from a very busy total stranger.... or thinking you deserve to be the decider in who gets snotty responses. Which add nothing to the conversation 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seen-it-all said:

When you promise openness and transparency, and then respond swiftly and respectfully to requests for more openness and transparency, that tells me that he feels this issue is indeed just as important as any other the organization has to conquer right now. This is a very good thing and IMO is the exact right approach they should be taking. No matter how difficult it might be, no matter how time-consuming, it matters. All of it matters at this point. And he knows that. All I can say is I'm very glad that Doug Rutherford didn't roll his eyes.

I understand your point and agree. At the same time it would be helpful if people were not forcing THIER agenda on the organization with issues that are really not that important in the grand scheme of things. Of course he will respond. It would be helpful if people would put the organization's interest ahead of their own agendas for the time being while they get everything stabilized. Anyone has a right to ask questions and send emails... but is this really helpful right now. Probably not (again... one persons opinion).

• Like 1

They say in the business world that the first rule in rebuilding trust with your employees, stockholders, clients, and customers after some sort of public scandal or calamity is openness and transparency. It's clear that the new braintrust at YEA thinks that matters such as these really ARE "that important in the grand scheme of things." So they're not, in fact, putting someone else's agenda (if that's what this is) ahead of their own, their keeping their word to be more open and transparent with what's going on to the people who clearly care about the corps and want to see it come back from this. Any way one looks at this little episode, the outcome is very good and gives further credence that this board (and chairman) are really doing the right things to get the organization back on track.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Certainly a very valuable use of his precious time right now trying to save the organization... answering your questions.

My guess is that someone involved with Public Relations at YEA would field the E-Mail for Mr. Rutherford for that very reason, and to make sure a response is made.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So what is worse thinking that you deserve a response from a very busy total stranger.... or thinking you deserve to be the decider in who gets snotty responses. Which add nothing to the conversation 

As per previous response, organizations have people who take care of these things in a positive and honest manner.

At the worst negative extreme and not to implicate or bust on any poster here, for instance, a state government official's office has still got to respond kindly to letters dealing with complaints of black helicopters spewing chem trails over constituent's houses. And indeed, they do.

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So asking a question is part of an agenda? Ever stop to think someone here knew the answer... oh wait someone did. The pure irony is part of the reason the Cadets are in this fix is apparently no one asked gh questions about how he managed the corps.  

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2