ATL Lacrosse Impacts Youth

The morning of April 22nd, 2018, Friends of Spirit, Atlanta Blaze, and US Lacrosse teamed up to host the fully-booked event “ATL Lacrosse.” The Sunday morning in Marietta was for kids 3rd-7th grade that had no prior lacrosse experience. They learned the rules of the game and history of the rapidly growing sport, then practiced […]

View the full article

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 10:54 PM, DCP NewsFeed said:

The morning of April 22nd, 2018, Friends of Spirit, Atlanta Blaze, and US Lacrosse teamed up to host the fully-booked event “ATL Lacrosse.” The Sunday morning in Marietta was for kids 3rd-7th grade that had no prior lacrosse experience. They learned the rules of the game and history of the rapidly growing sport, then practiced […]

View the full article

one could joke that Spirit is broaching on Blue Star turf, ha, ha.

As a former h.s. lacrosse coach in NYS, I wonder if Friends of Spirit realize that the origins of the game used enemy skulls before the Jesuit missionaries convinced the natives to bury the hatchets (and skulls) replacing them with small round balls? This would give a different meaning to "the South shall rise again."

I would love to see Lacrosse & Drum Corps overlap a little more.  My son does both and aside from my hoping and praying he doesn't break anything before the start of the season, it works out well!  Certainly kept him in shape for Drum Corps!