Other than Chops

Wonder how many corps will move from one class to another?Any quesses?

won't know til closer to 6/1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

won't know til closer to 6/1

thats kinda ike who ever scores the highest win's LMAO

My guess is that a lot of corps really don't know who they'll have and what kinds of exact numbers.

There could be a corps with say, 68MM right now planning on biting the bullet and going Open and all of a sudden, 3 people pull out this weekend. There are a lot of good reasons to avoid making a commitment until the last second.

Happened all 6 years I worked with one HS band, at the end of the school year we'd be hypothetically into Group 4 by 5-10 peeps and people dropping out over the Summer/Moving/whatever would drop us back into 3. Never failed.

1 minute ago, BigW said:

Happened all six years I worked with one HS band, at the end of the school year we'd be hypothetically into Group 4 by 5-10 peeps and people dropping out over the Summer/Moving/whatever would drop us back into Group 3. Never failed.

Here in Ohio, two of the three options for bands (OMEA and BOA) base classification on school size rather than band size. The third (MSBA) uses band size (but instrumentalists only--guard isn't counted).

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Here in Ohio, two of the three options for bands (OMEA and BOA) base classification on school size rather than band size. The third (MSBA) uses band size (but instrumentalists only--guard isn't counted).

Which is why in BoA, the ideal situation is to have a 200 member band in a 450 member HS. :laugh:

And it does still happen now and then.

14 minutes ago, BigW said:

Which is why in BoA, the ideal situation is to have a 200 member band in a 450 member HS. :laugh:

And it does still happen now and then.

trying to stay on topic here ,DCA not bands i think we'll see 3-4 groups move .Thank You 

3 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

thats kinda ike who ever scores the highest win's LMAO

we know that the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend

saw on Facebook CT declared Open

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1