2018 HYPE

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I don't understand why you wish for no live singers, especially when Boston did it so well last year.  

I’m not sure, it’s just not really my cup of tea. It was definitely the best usage of it though, you’re right there. I was in band and choir when I was in high school and we had used the choir.  I had to march on mello and join the choir in the ballad because we were so so small. It never really did too well, so I think maybe the whole vocal intergration left a sour taste in my mouth. 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Lots of intriguing storylines that should make for an interesting and exciting summer of Drum Corps.

..... will the off season changes in Percussion Judge scoring effect outcomes ?

What exactly changed in percussion scoring?

Corps I'm most excited for are:

Blue Devils - What I've heard from the theme tells me it's going to be another fan favorite. 

Carolina Crown - I'm hoping we get a Del Toro-esque monster. I wasn't a fan of last years design, which I thought held them back. This year I can see them bumping with BD for gold.

SCV - That full-time Gaines drill.

Boston - Second year with the new team. Hoping the guard wins the Zingali.

Cadets - I have no idea what to expect from them. The slimmed down chorus will be much better I think.

PR - I want to see what BK's old brass head can do here. I was really underwhelmed with their brass last year.

Blue Stars - I'm still waiting for them to make that big move. 

Mandarins and Academy - 2 recent underdogs my eyes and ears are locked on.

• Like 1

MOST excited for BAC and Mandarins.

Boston, well, they've always been the closest thing to a hometown world class corps for this nutmegger, they brought it BIG last year, and I have two friends with kids marching there this summer (Been wearing my "I Support Giants" t-shirt proudly  :14_relaxed:).

Mandarins have ALWAYS been our favorites, since way back in the D3 years, LOVED 'em last year, and just get the feeling this year's got an even bigger leap forward in store for them.

Also, after last year's (for me, at least, surprisingly super enjoyable show) really hoping SOA kicks it up a notch or two from there.

And, of course, ALWAYS hyped for BD!!!!! (Where one of the BAC members mentioned above has a sibling marching, for a little extra personal rooting interest for me).

Lastly, looking forward to seeing who sneaks up on me when I see them and leaves me wondering why I wasn't more excited to see them beforehand (like Blue Stars last year).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

What exactly changed in percussion scoring?

a shift into M.A.  ...  with the deletion of percussion ensemble judge,

• Like 1

whoever scores highest wins

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

a shift into M.A.  ...  with the deletion of percussion ensemble judge,

on field all year now. the MA caption will end up being as always....drums mentioned when drum guy, not when brass guy, doubled at big shows to balance out