2018 HYPE

3 hours ago, Ediker said:

Agreed.  There has been nearly zero hype from any corps this pre-season.  

Hype:

1. (noun) blatant or sensational promotion
  2. (verb) publicize in an exaggerated and often misleading manner

There used to be a Corps that had a lot of hype between 2000- 2007.

They liked hype so much, they even decided on that name for themselves : H.Y.P.E.  (  it stood for Hamilton Youth Performing Ensemble )

H.Y.P.E. was from Ontario, Canada and competed in DCI's Open Class.

But alas, there is no more " Hype "

H.Y.P. E. in 2007 :

HYPE_07prelims_JS_1018jpgb.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goodmello said:

A bold prediction, but I can see it.

Ha. Well and uneducated one, too. I think Mandarins are going to make it in, because I think JW is a genius when it comes to competitive results. So, someone has to fall out, and since I don't want it to be Madison, I had to throw shade at the other Wisconsin corps. Wishing the best to everyone, really. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Ha. Well and uneducated one, too. I think Mandarins are going to make it in, because I think JW is a genius when it comes to competitive results. So, someone has to fall out, and since I don't want it to be Madison, I had to throw shade at the other Wisconsin corps. Wishing the best to everyone, really. 

#TeamWI, haha!

I could see Blue Stars, OR Madison falling out.  

Mandarins are great, but I think that they'll fall in the same trap that Academy did.  After a record/fan favorite summer, they'll fall a bit short.

I hope for the Colts or Troop to rise up again!

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

There used to be a Corps that had a lot of hype between 2000- 2007.

They liked hype so much, they even decided on that name for themselves : H.Y.P.E.  (  it stood for Hamilton Youth Performing Ensemble )

H.Y.P.E. was from Ontario, Canada and competed in DCI's Open Class.

But alas, there is no more " Hype "

H.Y.P. E. in 2007 :

HYPE_07prelims_JS_1018jpgb.jpg

Carrying on the HYPE name is Boston/Inspire's Hyde Park Youth Percussion Ensemble

https://inspirearts.org/services-view/hype/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Carrying on the HYPE name is Boston/Inspire's Hyde Park Youth Percussion Ensemble

https://inspirearts.org/services-view/hype/

So are you saying there is Hype for Hpype  taking place around Boston in 2018 ?  (... haha )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, goodmello said:

Mandarins are great, but I think that they'll fall in the same trap that Academy did.  After a record/fan favorite summer, they'll fall a bit short.

I'm seeing 4 out of those 5 corps at my local show late in the season (no Troopers, but Academy will be there). There's a very good chance one of them will be the last corps in Finals and another the first corps out.

59 minutes ago, goodmello said:

#TeamWI, haha!

Gut says Colts are going to surprise us by being better this year.  Mandarins has potential to be a regular finalist.  I don't see them as one hit wonders.  

2 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I think Blue Stars will be out.

I'll give you $100 if that happens. Dead serious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Gut says Colts are going to surprise us by being better this year.  Mandarins has potential to be a regular finalist.  I don't see them as one hit wonders.  

I think they've been a real contender since 2014. (Not including 2016).  Their current Program Coordinator came on in 2016 and we've have seen great progress between his two seasons with the corps.  We'll see if he can get them over that hump they've been climbing for a while now!

• Like 1