the new list of Class A

11 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

CT would have had to cut 37 members to reach the Maximum allowed in Class ‘A’ 

If I counted on my fingers correctly, they're over 100 performers. WOW. Sounds like a lot of solid recruiting's been done from several directions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

23 again in 06

It was consistently in the 20s for several years from 2005 on.

I wonder if that 1987 show has the record for widest range of scores at a DCA prelims. Lowest-scoring corps had something like a 33.... highest-scoring was just short of 95. 

I BELIVE WEV'E SEEN THE FINAL COUNT FOR THIS YEAR.II DON'T SEE ANY OTHERS MOVING..BUT THEN AGAIN NEVER SAY NEVER.LOL

ONE UNLUCKY CORPS IN OPEN WILL NOT MAKE FINALS .

Edited by Florida Sun
#####

3 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

I BELIVE WEV'E SEEN THE FINAL COUNT FOR THIS YEAR.II DON'T SEE ANY OTHERS MOVING..BUT THEN AGAIN NEVER SAY NEVER.LOL

ONE UNLUCKY CORPS IN OPEN WILL NOT MAKE FINALS .

they'll get to an exhibition while we wait for scores

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

It was consistently in the 20s for several years from 2005 on.

I wonder if that 1987 show has the record for widest range of scores at a DCA prelims. Lowest-scoring corps had something like a 33.... highest-scoring was just short of 95. 

and it rained

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and it rained

Boy, did it.  LOL

The pre-Internet days, of course... so there were all sorts of rumors about Finals being held Monday morning, maybe being moved to another location, etc. ... but as I was leaving the stadium after Prelims, one of the folks from the Allentown crew told me,  "No Finals.... exhibition on the track tomorrow... the field is unusable...and no other site for Finals." Then Mickey confirmed what I had been told. 

So... getting the definitive verdict, I took that as my cue to go have several adult beverages with dinner. :innocent: But all night, I kept hearing the rumors. "Yeah... Finals are set for (wherever and whenever)."  :tongue:

51 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Boy, did it.  LOL

The pre-Internet days, of course... so there were all sorts of rumors about Finals being held Monday morning, maybe being moved to another location, etc. ... but as I was leaving the stadium after Prelims, one of the folks from the Allentown crew told me,  "No Finals.... exhibition on the track tomorrow... the field is unusable...and no other site for Finals." Then Mickey confirmed what I had been told. 

So... getting the definitive verdict, I took that as my cue to go have several adult beverages with dinner. :innocent: But all night, I kept hearing the rumors. "Yeah... Finals are set for (wherever and whenever)."  :tongue:

we stayed ina  hotel with two corps and even their management didn't know officially what was happening. one decided to just go home LOL

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

we stayed ina  hotel with two corps and even their management didn't know officially what was happening. one decided to just go home LOL

DCA was like the Wild West back then.  LOL. Rumors flying all summer, and every championship weekend, about all sorts of things.

You'd hear during the summer, "Such-and-such corps is coming in for championships from (the Midwest, Canada, wherever)." And then they wouldn't show up, or didn't exist in the first place.  :tongue:

And then there were a few times.... I swear, I had never heard of a particular corps until they showed up for the "new entries" position draw, the day before championships.  "OK... whoever they are, they're in!!!"  LOL

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

DCA was like the Wild West back then.  LOL. Rumors flying all summer, and every championship weekend, about all sorts of things.

You'd hear during the summer, "Such-and-such corps is coming in for championships from (the Midwest, Canada, wherever)." And then they wouldn't show up, or didn't exist in the first place.  :tongue:

And then there were a few times.... I swear, I had never heard of a particular corps until they showed up for the "new entries" position draw, the day before championships.  "OK... whoever they are, they're in!!!"  LOL

It was very much a "run whatcha brung" era from about 8th place down.