the new list of Class A

23 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

First on of the day

Yes, I sense a bit of the Govies' numbers butting up against Tradition's early numbers in prelims and some people on the panel judging carefully. Music (especially Percussion performance) did really dig out the gap- and from the looks of it the ordinals were right for the captions. Looking at the range, there was a sort of "where do we put this so we have room for every contingency?" in play.

Looking at Finals, the "blowouts" were in Percussion, Music Ensemble, and Music Effect, one judge in particular who had Govies third. Also, Effect Visual flipped.

One could argue given similar gaps in Guard and Vis Ensemble... that the Govies "blew out" Tradition on those captions, but the way things are weighted, the .6 and .5 gaps there kind of got buried.

I'll be more diplomatic and conclude the Govies were thought of as pretty good, but that Tradition seemed to be a clear winner in class to most of the panel. I don't sense they totally crushed 'em, but they clearly won the contest fair and square. It was no squeaker. There was prolly some lid on numbers as well to reflect that they also needed to have room above... and also to make certain they had space to make sure they had contingencies to get the 10 voting members correct as well.

• Thanks 1

Translation:

Tradition won, and now they've moving up to Open Class and contending for a finalist spot.

Film at 11.  :tongue:

• Like 5

For what it's worth, I think CT will make Finals, and that they have a good chance of placing higher than tenth.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

For what it's worth, I think CT will make Finals, and that they have a good chance of placing higher than tenth.

I would not bet against that.

Anything can happen... but Cincy clearly is a corps on the way up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Translation:

Tradition won, and now they've moving up to Open Class and contending for a finalist spot.

Film at 11.  :tongue:

Which should be interesting to see how things shake out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

with 11 in Open, they all have a good shot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

with 11 in Open, they all have a good shot

Thanks, Jeff :laugh:

Image result for captain obvious

• Haha 4

With all the time CT.will have to get ready ,they see most of the corps on July 28, in Peckville Pa.CT.Bush ,Sun,Sky,White Sabers,Cadets 2 Cabs,& Bucs.That should tell where they fit in the group.Till then is anybodys quess.

22 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Thanks, Jeff :laugh:

Image result for captain obvious

hey on June 1st, everyone is awesome.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

With all the time CT.will have to get ready ,they see most of the corps on July 28, in Peckville Pa.CT.Bush ,Sun,Sky,White Sabers,Cadets 2 Cabs,& Bucs.That should tell where they fit in the group.Till then is anybodys quess.

did they even see DCA judges before prelims last year?

Didn't seem to hurt them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1