Do you care if more than one corps plays...

As someone who marched Blue Shades the same year that SCV won with it, there was always a direct comparison. However its not a big deal.

This is a great topic.

In 2014 both OC and BC played Hymn of Axciom.  Of course the Coats had an AMAZING show that year so all the attention for that beautiful, luscious ballad went to them and OC's version was mentioned only as a comparison.  I felt that OC's version was never judged on its own.  I really feel this hurt them because they were so stoked about that ballad.  

Granted I was a total OC homer that year.  It was my son's age out year!  But it still hurts today.  Just sayin'...

(Edit:  I don't know what I was thinking by saying this happened in 2012.. was of course 2014.  I'm losing my marbles apparently.)

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, luv4corps said:

This is a great topic.

In 2012 both OC and BC played Hymn of Axciom.  Of course the Coats had an AMAZING show that year so all the attention for that beautiful, luscious ballad went to them and OC's version was mentioned only as a comparison.  I felt that OC's version was never judged on its own.  I really feel this hurt them because they were so stoked about that ballad.  

Granted I was a total OC homer that year.  It was my son's age out year!  But it still hurts today.  Just sayin'...

Bluecoats played Hymn in 2014...

On 5/18/2018 at 11:45 PM, Incognito365 said:

Bluecoats played Hymn in 2014...

So did OC... I got the year wrong... sorry.... getting old.  I will edit it.

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2018 at 12:03 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not kidding...the three corps that played Children of Sanchez, went on one after another in 79.  Cavaliers, North Star, Blue Stars.  It was kind of hilarious. 

I'm sure there was a lot of appreciation for whoever finally played Vasectomy of Sanchez.

• Haha 3