Meet and greet.

Big Bird and I leave Sunday morning to head up to Auburn, CA, to hook up with National Veterans Awareness Organization (NVAO) - 2018.  We start heading East on the 16th.  As you can read, a pretty busy trip.  The majority of the days only cover 300+ miles since we have stops along the way. I met a couple who Winter in a St. George RV park and they said with no delays or weather issues, the times listed are usually no more than 5-10 minutes off.  Many of the stops, whether to visit an organization or gas up have been done for many years.  Soooo,  if you're going to be near one of the planned stops, stop by and say hi.  For anyone who would be near Michigan City IN, and to type something about D&BC, please stop by the Baymont Inn & Suites on S. Franklin ST. some evening and say hi to Wendy.  She has attended the Open Class finals in the past, seems to enjoy D&BC, but is not aware of World Class or the  live theatre shows.   She might want to attend the June 24th show.  Our group stops there on the 22nd.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Big Bird and I leave Sunday morning to head up to Auburn, CA, to hook up with National Veterans Awareness Organization (NVAO) - 2018.  We start heading East on the 16th.  As you can read, a pretty busy trip.  The majority of the days only cover 300+ miles since we have stops along the way. I met a couple who Winter in a St. George RV park and they said with no delays or weather issues, the times listed are usually no more than 5-10 minutes off.  Many of the stops, whether to visit an organization or gas up have been done for many years.  Soooo,  if you're going to be near one of the planned stops, stop by and say hi.  For anyone who would be near Michigan City IN, and to type something about D&BC, please stop by the Baymont Inn & Suites on S. Franklin ST. some evening and say hi to Wendy.  She has attended the Open Class finals in the past, seems to enjoy D&BC, but is not aware of World Class or the  live theatre shows.   She might want to attend the June 24th show.  Our group stops there on the 22nd.

I wish I could but we’ll be in Cincinnati for the weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

We've survived some bad weather this past week, had to stop for the night in Sidney, NE yesterday, cancelled yesterday's afternoon vet stops, and rode 570 miles today to get back on schedule.  We sleep in Des Moines tonight.  At a recent gas stop, I was speaking with our lead road guard and learned he was going to march with Quad City Knights, but they folded around 94.  He's aware of DCI and DCP.  Hope someone can stop buy Baymont Inn & Suites in Michigan City to see if Wendy (night shift) wants to attend the show on the 24th. We arrive there on the 22nd, but will be off  to the AL Post for breakfast before 6AM.  (Ouch)

Some USA states you'll be passing through don't require helmuts while riding motorcycles. Do you wear them in required states, or all the time, ghost ? Just curious,.

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Some USA states you'll be passing through don't require helmuts while riding motorcycles. Do you wear them in required states, or all the time, ghost ? Just curious,.

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

All the  time on this trip.  

Having worked on enough ambulance and emergency room calls, I can unequivocally say that not wearing helmets (note spelling) is absolutely dumb; makes the riders vulnerable to severe injury, concussion, and not always treatable head conditions. Besides it raises the insurance rates of the rest of us as the insurance companies try to recoup the $$$$$ of ICU and major operations. 

Then again, not wearing helmets, as is starting to become more prevalent in a WGI-driven DCI show design, may also account for some of the posts on DCP. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

All the  time on this trip.  

Smart move, imo

On 5/20/2018 at 10:45 PM, Ghost said:

Hope someone can stop buy Baymont Inn & Suites in Michigan City to see if Wendy (night shift) wants to attend the show on the 24th. We arrive there on the 22nd, but will be off  to the AL Post for breakfast before 6AM.  (Ouch)

Hey Ghost, you typed it like the show was this coming Thursday.  It's June 24th old boy. 

Just now, Ghost said:

Hey Ghost, you typed it like the show was this coming Thursday.  It's June 24th old boy. 

You're right Ghost.  This trip is our version of a two week DCI tour and the lack of sleep is catching up with me.  Michigan City, IN tonight and Brookville, OH tomorrow night when I can  finally say that I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.