Cadets Announce 2018 Program

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

They were already members prior to GH termination 

I wonder if they can be given a new role in the production. Perhaps if they played a brass instrument (or could be taught...very quickly)? Four singers= one additional brass player in each section. 

-Yes, I totally realize that is a horribly impractical idea...

• Haha 1

As a big Sigur Ros fan, looking forward to Ara Batur. Here is the Music Vid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

As a big Sigur Ros fan, looking forward to Ara Batur. Here is the Music Vid.

This  sounds like it could be a BIG brass moment.

• Like 1

Similar to the ballad in 1993 ironically enough.

First time I've heard this group perform. Very beautiful piece. As an old legacy fan, I'm hopeful the Cadets play this close to its original form. Will it flow gracefully, long enough to allow the comforting melody to take hold?

SO many good reasons to be excited about this year's Cadets!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Peel Paint said:

Seriously?? Considering the show title, that's ironic.

If ever there was a summer when Cadets could have used a bounce from audiences united and pulling for them, 2018 was it.

So why on earth would new people design a show with four presumably amplified singers which, right off the bat, reminds people of the fired director and turns some in the audience completely off?

Tone deaf.

When it comes to associating flaws with the former director, much of 2017 and the “wedding cake” of 2016 will always bear his name, but if we take that route, we also have to attach his name to flawless moments too, such as 2000 or 2011. Remember too, lots of bad ideas in drum corps were created by people who are not accused of sexual misconduct. 

Personslly, when it comes to choirs, my mind always goes to 2013 and Crown’s E=mc2, a show that always finds a home on lists of people’s favorite shows. Many of us do not like vocals as a rule, but I think when done well, many of us come around. I know I do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

When it comes to associating flaws with the former director, much of 2017 and the “wedding cake” of 2016 will always bear his name, but if we take that route, we also have to attach his name to flawless moments too, such as 2000 or 2011. Remember too, lots of bad ideas in drum corps were created by people who are not accused of sexual misconduct. 

Personslly, when it comes to choirs, my mind always goes to 2013 and Crown’s E=mc2, a show that always finds a home on lists of people’s favorite shows. Many of us do not like vocals as a rule, but I think when done well, many of us come around. I know I do. 

I agree.  While I don't usually like vocals in DCI, there are some that were done very well and fit in.

It is a little known fact that GH was fired because he raped women, not because of vocals in drum corps shows. Vocals in shows actually had nothing to do with it and isn't related in any way.

People just can't help themselves but to try and use this terrible situation to try and advance their opinions of what a drum corps show should be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

It is a little known fact that GH was fired because he raped women, not because of vocals in drum corps shows. Vocals in shows actually had nothing to do with it and isn't related in any way.

People just can't help themselves but to try and use this terrible situation to try and advance their opinions of what a drum corps show should be.

I don't think anyone was implying that he was fired for vocals in drum corps, but that they associate vocals in drum corps with him because he liked using vocals so much.