Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

As I said somewhere else.....This has just begun! Wait till summer hits.

• Like 1

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I shall be as hard on Crossmen as on Cadets. How about it, Crossmen board of directors?  Why is your corps director so apparently tone deaf about having a perv on his staff?    Even after receiving feedback on him from multiple sources. His response is - shut up we're moving on?  Really?    Crossmen BOD, why haven't you removed your corps director?  He clearly demonstrates inadequate sensitivity about sexual harassment. There is no place in this activity for that. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I hate to ask this, but: is drum corps getting a reputation as an activity that for decades has buried bad behavior?

If it is, then I guess the activity will have to own it.  Maybe when things were brought to the attention of the powers that be, they shouldn’t have ignored it. 

53 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Your best post ever

And we’ve heard it before...loses license, relocates, lather, rinse, repeat..

It’s like the Catholic Church shuffling around priests to different parishes. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I don't even know how Moody was even hireable. I marched with the guy and I never liked him. We almost came to blows when I was on support staff with Magic. I thought that after all the backlash with Teal that he would have been out of the activity permanently. 

• Like 5

I would’ve flipped out if I found out that someone with that kind of history was working one-on-one with my daughter in a performing group, regardless of how long ago the incident occurred.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Not stated in the article is that Genesis pulled out of the Crossmen MMX pre-season show last week because of all of this.  Luckily I had procrastinated on buying tickets...

i was wondering if Genesis would have more to say publicly

30 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I shall be as hard on Crossmen as on Cadets. How about it, Crossmen board of directors?  Why is your corps director so apparently tone deaf about having a perv on his staff?    Even after receiving feedback on him from multiple sources. His response is - shut up we're moving on?  Really?    Crossmen BOD, why haven't you removed your corps director?  He clearly demonstrates inadequate sensitivity about sexual harassment. There is no place in this activity for that. 

ding ding. that website is very quiet

24 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I shall be as hard on Crossmen as on Cadets. How about it, Crossmen board of directors?  Why is your corps director so apparently tone deaf about having a perv on his staff?    Even after receiving feedback on him from multiple sources. His response is - shut up we're moving on?  Really?    Crossmen BOD, why haven't you removed your corps director? 

First of all... I think it is clear that Moody was forthright in sharing his background with the corps and the director. I believe that the director has given him a second chance. In the article it does not appear there was any reported instance of negative conduct that was ignored. There is insinuation followed by "it was never reported." He was hired knowing his past mistakes and given a second chance. As far as we can see he has not done anything to require his removal. If he did, I am sure that Mr. Morrison and the board would. But this is an eight year old story. What is new here that is actionable? And I agree, everyone should be held to the same standard. But the Cadets issue and this issue with the Crossmen are in no way the same thing. In my opinion.