Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

4 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

How about instead of sitting at your computer and bad mouthing him you go talk to him yourself? 

I would imagine he is likely to. I would also imagine others are doing so as well. Or at least making an attempt to over the busy signals.

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Yeah true but I get what they were saying. It's very easy to be judge and jury from a computer.. I guess it's the evil of the internet though

We’re all concerned about the health and well-being of the activity.  Having some concerns about why some troubling things were allowed to happened doesn’t seem out of bounds to me.  

1 hour ago, BigW said:

He got off easy when he only got his teaching license revoked for 5 years.

DCI Corps are going to have a current and future problem of getting approval of schools as housing sites on summer tours, if some in DCI begin even " a civil debate" on whether or not people who lost their teaching license ( even for a year) should be " given a second chance or not " to go on summer national tours from school to school. The states revoke these  sexual predators ability to be in a public school anywhere in their state. Most teachers are on school grounds daily from 7 :30 AM to 3:30 pm or so. Daylight hours for the most part.. DCI HQ is not about to debate now whether or not a teacher with a revoked or suspended license can be given a " second chance " to be on a staff of a Corps that travels from school to school day and nite all summer long. Thats my belief anyway.  I could be wrong. We'll see. If DCI HQ believes that this " second chance " option is open for debate and discussion, then I think we can begin a civil debate and discussion if its really possible for DCI under such ambiguities to even be in existence in 5 years hence. And whether or not such a youth organization deserves to be in existence in 5 years, and whether or not potential school sites want to take the same risk on their school properties that DCI traveling Corps might be willing to take with the " second chancers ". But No. I don't believe that DCI HQ is going to allow any Corps to adopt a " 2nd.. or 3rd chance " option in hires/ retentions with those that have had their teacher license revoked or suspended for any length of time due to sexual misconduct behaviors anymore. But like I said, we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

We’re all concerned about the health and well-being of the activity.  Having some concerns about why some troubling things were allowed to happened doesn’t seem out of bounds to me.  

You caught me before I deleted post...lol

BUT to address your response. I agree But we all know there are those who take things to a whole other level...purposely sometimes

2 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

How about instead of sitting at your computer and bad mouthing him you go talk to him yourself? 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

That’s not his responsibility.  

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Yeah true but I get what they were saying. It's very easy to be judge and jury from a computer.. I guess it's the evil of the internet thoug

Sometimes a little public exposure and pressure is a good thing. If he has been non-responsive to Tricia's requests do discuss, why would anyone else expect different results?

Oh boy. I live in Winter Park/Orlando and this was big news locally when it first happened. 

I really can't believe Crossmen took him on after all that and the revocation of teaching certificate, etc. It was a much more clear-cut case than the camera in the practice room thing with the (now former) Cadets staffer. This guy admitted to sending the creepy texts. 

Yes people deserve second chances, but after something of this nature, maybe your second chance involves selling shoes. An authority position in a youth activity again? NO WAY.

The sunlight has been blistering on the activity so far, but much more of it is needed to stop this culture of enablement. Morrison needs to face the music. How can he lead the DCI board's work on new rules to prevent these sorts of situations when he himself didn't step up and act?

Edited by NakedEye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

Knowing several women who marched Crossmen recently, I've heard about this kind of thing for years. The Morrisons operate on a favoritism basis and will not do the right, transparent thing unless they're forced into a corner. The staff often has a sexist approach to teaching, and several women feel discouraged from returning because of it. I witnessed it myself after auditioning there (before my 3rd year of DCI) - the Morrisons are very religious, stubborn people that are protective of 'their own', and they clearly see Moody as this type of person who deserves to still teach. If you're in their corner, great. If you're not in their corner, they won't work with you. They are not good allies for this type of change, frankly. Moody has been known to be a perv and women have been warning each other about him for years since the management either wouldn't listen or would discourage speaking out with the instillment of a toxic culture at Crossmen for the last several years. Interested to see where this goes from here, but I think the Morrisons will try harboring him for as long as they're legally able to.

This could also depend on when you marched/tried out? Just so you know and you should know, everyone gets fussed at if they mess up and if it so happens to be women or men that mess up they’ll get griped on. The audition process is fair!! Women are held up to the standard as guys! If men just so happen to have the better auditon because they’re “stronger” and they can hold the horn up and play it is what is. A drum corps doesn’t stop for anyone in particular if one is better than the other. Is that how auditions work? The better audition gets the spot? You can choose to take that as a sexist approach or be an adult and see that huh maybe there’s just people better for the position and it just so happens to be men dominant. The Morrison’s are running a full fledged organization on the road and off the road and they do a very #### good job at it! I’ve never met the most nicest and caring people! These people paid for my plane ticket to get home personally when my grandfather died on tour so are these people “STUBBORN” “RUDE”?? Most organizations wouldn’t do this! These people personally check on how we’re doing individually! Maybe you didn’t have a good relationship with them maybe you got cut a Crossmen but I can tell you every member of the Crossmen will stand behind the Morrison’s and the job they do. Leaving Moody out of this. 

9 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Sometimes a little public exposure and pressure is a good thing. If he has been non-responsive to Tricia's requests do discuss, why would anyone else expect different results?

Oh I agree ( sometimes ) Didn't she also write something on the 2018 show?.. I thought she did ( could be wrong ) but I do find that a bit strange.,