Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Joel Moody may have been forthright with Fred Morrison and the Crossmen, but were Morrison and the Crossmen forthright with members and parents about Moody's past prior to this article's release? Note that Nadolny's next tweet reminds readers that Genesis's director says that Moody told him recently that he was going to be touring with Crossmen this summer.

Maybe not new members at this moment, but a lot of current vets and past were aware just because public interaction and speaking with other vets. The article of the first occurrence is available to the public on the internet. Though with all this going on. Not one vet would ever hold it against Joel because of what he does for the organization. I never ran into one veteran that was just like look what he did. Because he’s not the same person he used to be and of course things come back to haunt you and it was obvious this could happen. Sure maybe it could have been brought up into view of current members every year?! But this man is trying to move on with his life and work on his future and trying to get back on his feet and to have a every year thing to have the “Joel” talk. I know he’s sorry for his actions in his past. But It shouldn’t be necessarily needed to go over and over again every year Truthfully when I first met Joel he was the coolest dude ever and I love Joel! He’s been a great part of my experience as a member. But even when I found out about this during my second year my view of Joel never changed because I knew he was a changed man. If that doesn’t mean anything to anyone sorry. But it’s just a good view from a member. Not one vet would be offended and hold it completely against him because of what he does for our organization.

But we are accepting of what is going on. We’re still going to have a good season and we’ll push forward and be strong. 

Edited by Daktubalan

1 minute ago, gregory11 said:

I noticed when all of the craziness with Hopkins/YEA come about a month ago, the Xmen camp was very quiet.  Now I know why!!! Just sweep everything under the rug and it will go away.

You know how many corps can take the quiet route? If they had a known  predator or not, The mess can spread around to EVERY CORPS

3 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

Maybe not new members at this moment, but a lot of current vets and past were aware just because public interaction and speaking with other vets. The article of the first occurrence is available to the public on the internet. Though with all this going on. Not one vet would ever hold it against Joel because of what he does for the organization. I never ran into one veteran that was just like look what he did. Because he’s not the same person he used to be and of course things come back to haunt you and it was obvious this could happen. Sure maybe it could have been brought up into view of current members every year?! But this man is trying to move on with his life and work on his future and trying to get back on his feet and to have a every year thing to have the “Joel” talk. I know he’s sorry for his actions in his past. But It shouldn’t be necessarily needed to go over and over again every year Truthfully when I first met Joel he was the coolest dude ever and I love Joel! He’s been a great part of my experience as a member. But even when I found out about this during my second year my view of Joel never changed because I knew he was a changed man. If that doesn’t mean anything to anyone sorry. But it’s just a good view from a member. Not one vet would be offended and hold it completely against him because of what he does for our organization.

Say you're a prospective member of Crossmen, or the parents of a prospective member. Do you have the right to know that a staff member has this kind of history or not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daktubalan said:

This is your opinion.  Are you a male?  The experience may have been much different for female members of the corps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there's individuals in the DC Hall of Fame with very shady backgrounds but know one will bring it up because of respect the legacy they left on the activity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, gregory11 said:

I'm sure there's individuals in the DC Hall of Fame with very shady backgrounds but know one will bring it up because of respect the legacy they left on the activity.

There are.  Jim’s dad had to send one packing in the ‘80’s.  He’s dead now. 

Let's use the YEA revelation as a timeline comparison. 

4/5 Article is posted. 

4/6 George Hopkins resigns. (1 day)

4/11 BoD resigns (6 days)

Both of those were official communications.

Moody situation. 

5/1 Moody resigns 

5/15 AM article published 

5/15 PM Crossmen announce Moody resigned 2 weeks ago. They were unable to communicate this earlier? Even when they knew Philly.com was about to publish. 

Ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gregory11 said:

I think the most pressing need is accountability for those currently active in drum corps (both the offenders and their enablers). DCI and DCA need to make it clear to prospective members (and their parents) and partners that this will never again be tolerated.

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

This is your opinion.  Are you a male?  The experience may have been much different for female members of the corps. 

Well I’m kind of done talking about it. Gender aside. Everyone is hurting for this happen to our organization as well. It sucks what’s happening to the activity at this point in time. We’ll still have a great season! We’ll be the strongest Crossmen ever coming out of the gates and we’ll push forwards. 

When all is gone..