Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

18 hours ago, Daktubalan said:

Do you think really no one was on guard for the past 6 years? Lol. Which of course I would’ve had people on guard. Don’t think for once they weren’t watching him lol. 

According to the article, 37 year old Moody made a 22 year old female staff member "uneasy by giving her lingering hugs, placing his hand on her shoulder or back or sitting too close to her.  Moody also made comments about what she was wearing, she said, and offered compliments on her looks."  As a marching member, you may not be familiar yet with what is acceptable in the business world between colleagues of a company, but "lingering hugs" from a 37 year old staff member to a 22 year old staff member is not considered appropriate, especially where the 37 year-old make was likely her direct supervisor (if he was Assistant Corps Director at the time).   If anyone was actually "watching him", as you say, that would have been a red-flag.   

The article also said that 35 year old Moody propositioned an age-out to go to his house in Texas, where they had sex, and then she got a job on staff with the corps. That women indicated that Moody told her at that time about the earlier issues from 2010, so clearly she was NOT informed about his history either formally or informally during her time marching with the corps.

It's very easy to like people when you only see their good points, but if you aren't a female marcher, you would probably be better off not offering your take on the situation as representative of the viewpoint held by all corps vets, even the females.

21 hours ago, Daktubalan said:

... Not one vet would ever hold it against Joel because of what he does for the organization ... 

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think it may be well more than a responsibility--it could be Criminal Negligence.

Just wait until prosecutors or DA's office rolls in: with all of this in the news (DCI, Larry Nassar, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, etc.), I would be stunned if they are not looking at potential indictments, at least in some cases (I know there are evidentiary rules, statutes of limitations, etc.). They usually play their cards real close to their chest... Brace for Ram.

P.S.--I wonder how many fans / alums are willing to contribute to a GoFundMe page for attorney fees.

Speaking of Nassar: Michigan State University has announced it has reached a settlement with 332 of Nassar's victims and will be paying them $500 million.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/05/16/michigan-state-larry-nassar-victims/615077002/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I have nothing to hide.

a reporter can dig on anyone..sorry I picture her just sitting in the stands listening to those around her. let's be honest we are all a unique bunch and it can be interpreted differently to the general public...I guess same can be said of little league parents, Dance Moms, etc etc.

I still and firmly stand by my feelings about this and as i said more than willing to change my mind but why do you think DA won't do another interview ( as of now at least )

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

No argument there. However, when faced with what could be a moment that defines whether the activity as a whole will survive, maybe it's time to make that change and give the oversight authority needed to the executive director of dci. 

ok...read what I wrote again. Same applies to Congress. power and control man...power and control. 

54 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

No argument there. However, when faced with what could be a moment that defines whether the activity as a whole will survive, maybe it's time to make that change and give the oversight authority needed to the an executive director of dci. 

Not convinced at all that the existing ED can attain the respect of key directors to justify instilling that responsibility in him.

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Speaking of Nassar: Michigan State University has announced it has reached a settlement with 332 of Nassar's victims and will be paying them $500 million.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/05/16/michigan-state-larry-nassar-victims/615077002/

and the NCAA has said little.

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

a reporter can dig on anyone..sorry I picture her just sitting in the stands listening to those around her. let's be honest we are all a unique bunch and it can be interpreted differently to the general public...I guess same can be said of little league parents, Dance Moms, etc etc.

I still and firmly stand by my feelings about this and as i said more than willing to change my mind but why do you think DA won't do another interview ( as of now at least )

the lawyers. same reason it took forever for truly upfront and honest explanations about the licensing stuff

• Like 2

I'm pretty much done supporting DCI until Morrison steps down from the board at a minimum.

43 minutes ago, Eleran said:

According to the article, 37 year old Moody made a 22 year old female staff member "uneasy by giving her lingering hugs, placing his hand on her shoulder or back or sitting too close to her.  Moody also made comments about what she was wearing, she said, and offered compliments on her looks."  As a marching member, you may not be familiar yet with what is acceptable in the business world between colleagues of a company, but "lingering hugs" from a 37 year old staff member to a 22 year old staff member is not considered appropriate, especially where the 37 year-old make was likely her direct supervisor (if he was Assistant Corps Director at the time).   If anyone was actually "watching him", as you say, that would have been a red-flag.   

The article also said that 35 year old Moody propositioned an age-out to go to his house in Texas, where they had sex, and then she got a job on staff with the corps. That women indicated that Moody told her at that time about the earlier issues from 2010, so clearly she was NOT informed about his history either formally or informally during her time marching with the corps.

It's very easy to like people when you only see their good points, but if you aren't a female marcher, you would probably be better off not offering your take on the situation as representative of the viewpoint held by all corps vets, even the females.

And it doesn’t really matter what is considered acceptable in business world or other groups. If you feel uncomfortable by what is being said or done the next step is to tell (or get someone else to tell) the other person to knock it off. If they don’t then they can be held accountable. My point is you don’t go by what others consider acceptable you go by what YOU consider acceptable.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Not convinced at all that the existing ED can attain the respect of key directors to justify instilling that responsibility in him.

agreed. But let's be honest.....some of them should probably look in some mirrors