Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

Or lead by having the rest of the board turn the screws on him when his failure to act on a situation in his own corps brought even more bad publicity raining down on DCI.

Your interpretation makes sense. Wise of DCI not to have Morrison in charge.

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Your interpretation makes sense. Wise of DCI not to have Morrison in charge.

I'm really trying to avoid involvement in this conversation. However, given the current volatile environment in DCI, this just doesn't make good sense. If Morrison either resigned on his own or was forced to resign (from the DCI BoD), how is he still director of the Crossmen? Doesn't a resignation in this situation indicate wrong doing on his part? OK...back to being a spectator.

Morrison stepped down as Chair, not sure if he's still one of the six affiliated directors on the Board. Kathy Black, one of the three unaffiliated Directors, is the new Chair, which marks the first time a non-corps director has been in that position.

Edited by Slingerland

40 minutes ago, dans said:

I'm really trying to avoid involvement in this conversation. However, given the current volatile environment in DCI, this just doesn't make good sense. If Morrison either resigned on his own or was forced to resign (from the DCI BoD), how is he still director of the Crossmen? Doesn't a resignation in this situation indicate wrong doing on his part? OK...back to being a spectator.

He stepped down so as not to be a distraction for the DCI board. It is not an indication or admission of wrong doing. It is a recognition that his continued leadership would be a distraction "rather than to have my decisions within the corps cast aspersions on the larger DCI organization." He will remain the director of the Crossmen.

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah the nautical attire in 2012 

'13, too. Hey... it was the home of the Naval Academy!!! LOL

Last time I wore a Hawaiian shirt at an outdoor show was 2014. Just once that summer.

But somehow, the urban legend persists.  :tongue:

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Word has it that Fred Morrison has resigned as chairman of the board of DCI. 

That's a good first step. Now he needs to resign from Crossmen 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

That's a good first step. Now he needs to resign from Crossmen 

Not going to happen. 

22 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

He stepped down so as not to be a distraction for the DCI board. It is not an indication or admission of wrong doing. It is a recognition that his continued leadership would be a distraction "rather than to have my decisions within the corps cast aspersions on the larger DCI organization." He will remain the director of the Crossmen.

OK...thanks!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eleran said:

It brings up a problem I pointed out in another thread:   a couple that marches together, but is separated by a year, and then the age-out comes back to tech with the corps the following season ... it seems that no one wants to break up what is clearly a consensual, and adult, relationship.  Nevertheless, if I were running the corps, I'd have to say "It really sucks, and I'm sorry, but you need to go tech for a different corps this season, until your significant other ages out; I can't have staff and members in relationships".

I agree, and if the person was talented and honorable, I would make a few calls to help him or her find a tech position with another corps. 

52 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

'13, too. Hey... it was the home of the Naval Academy!!! LOL

Last time I wore a Hawaiian shirt at an outdoor show was 2014. Just once that summer.

But somehow, the urban legend persists.  :tongue:

As I recall, you did wear a Hawaiian shirt to one the Blue Devils rehearsals at my school.

Oops, there it is!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2