Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

2 minutes ago, BigW said:

As for who is next- I have one guess, and I also think there will prolly be one split fingered fastball from out of nowhere no one will see coming. I have no idea who that will be, but I just think it'll happen.

Yikes!  I better drink my coffee BEFORE cracking open the iPad. 

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Why aren't the journalists who report on Bill Cosby's or Harvey Weinstein's scandals writing stories about the great work they did in television and film?

He said drum corps, not Hopkins.  The correct comparison would be Hollywood.  And there continues to be enough sunshine blown up that butt to support a solar system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The alumni I’ve spoken to have expressed deep concerns about this matter simply because they care about the Crossmen.  I’ve sensed no personal malice toward The Morrison’s.   They’re questioning the judgment of keeping this staff member employed. 

Which they are allowed to do.  And right after which they can, and did, make a decision to continue working there or not.

That doesn't make the Morrison's guilty of anything and, certainly, not with enough veracity to justify them losing their positions in the organization.

That only says that some staff disagreed.  OK, noted.

10 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

He was confronted with it at the time of the original hiring when he made the decision to give Moody a chance. Of course he would not agree since the guy was there for a minute and a half. Now, I would not have hired the guy. But I understand, based on the Morrison's background why they would try. 

Shall I type slower?

for

years

he

never

once

explained 

Joels

history

upfront

to

parents

or

kids

That is beyond irresponsible 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not entirely true. There were other reasons why it was not longer a fit. Granted a big part of it was the unfortunate connections through his daughter.

Sure. Ok

2 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

The question needs to be about the original hire. Which Mr. Morrison has explained. Once he was hired there was no further report of any wrong doing at the corps. They tried to give a guy a second chance. I think it is simple. I probably would not have done it but they did. While he was employed there were no reported issues that they neglected to act on. I do not expect to change your opinion on the mater but they way the Morrison's are being vilified for an act of kindness (even if you believe it was poor judgement) seems to me to be ridiculous (a general statement on the thread no directed at you Terri).

You seem to always boil it down to this point. 

And I seem to always reply that one needs to include the fact that these new reports add weight to the situation. As they tend to show there is possibly a situation with the environment there. Especially the leadership structure and approachability concerns. 

Hopkins issues? Far from it, of course.

7 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

The question needs to be about the original hire. Which Mr. Morrison has explained. Once he was hired there was no further report of any wrong doing at the corps. They tried to give a guy a second chance. I think it is simple. I probably would not have done it but they did. While he was employed there were no reported issues that they neglected to act on. I do not expect to change your opinion on the matter but they way the Morrison's are being vilified for an act of kindness (even if you believe it was poor judgement) seems to me to be ridiculous (a general statement on the thread not directed at you Terri).

And I'll emphasize this, too.

I think the discord is largely related to the notion of applying standards we live by today with the society we lived in then.  And the decisions of adults - and don't forget, maybe many adults involved in the input to Fred - don't have to be the same to accomplish the same goal - safety of participants.

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

I hate this phrase, Jeff, but you're just going to have to agree to disagree.

You are representing that there was an expectation six years ago, and you're bordering on claiming there was some legal obligation at the time, for Fred to notify all members of the organization of his decision.  I don't concur and would ask you to source your claim if it's about Fred's legal obligation.  What Teal did isn't a reflection, necessarily, of any obligation on their part, even if we agree it was a good idea to make the information widely known.  Teal does reflect your opinion.  Fred felt differently AT THE TIME.

Also, I don't recall any information that suggests Fred made this decision unilaterally.  If I were to guess, I'd bet Fred consulted with his board and his executives and maybe sought input from sources we aren't considering, then made the decision with which he was most comfortable.  If that's likely true, then we can't continue without considering what his boss said.

I think this is simply a difference of opinion (yours and Fred's) about when and under what circumstances someone WAS allowed to give another a "second chance".

I will hold the Morrison's in the highest regard until it's shown that they did anything other than make a decision THEN that they'd likely not make TODAY.

Legal isn’t my concern. Moral is my concern. How would you react if you found out this was happening in a group your kid was in? Especially for a guy espousing repentance? 

Personally i I wouldn’t have made the hire. But full disclosure could have helped eliminate some of the current issue.

• Thanks 2

It boggles the mind that people can still be defending Fred Morrison. When every staff member who had the courage to go to him with complaints about Moody were dismissed out of hand, and then ultimately quit or let go, when women come on here and post about what a bad environment it was for them, then to read you say how Moody was "given a second chance" and no further incidents occurred.....is just flat out wrong. Notwithstanding any of that, the fact that Morrison brought Moody on board and basically covered up his past from MMs and parents is a disqualifier right there. 

• Like 2